Interesting LNB Observation

Status
Please reply by conversation.

iafirebuff

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 10, 2006
Waterloo, Iowa
Well, I went out to swap out my Sadoun KUL1 .4 db lnb for a Fortec Universal .3lnb. WOW! Now it is cloudy out, but I went from 53-60% on my Fortec Lifetime Classic NA to 66% on 11720. The stronger tp's went up about 6% too. It is misting and overcast/cloudy out. I think I will leave the universal lnb on. Every satellite I have check the signals are up at least 6%!

The Fortec Universal is a .4 too :)

interesting that the signals went up. I went from a Universal to a Standard and the Universal had a couple points lower than the Standard

Each LNB seems to be different :)

i didn't look up numbers on either but i know when i switched around a couple lnb's i noticed less of a gain than i thought should happen . my problem was one was more stable that the other even though it had a lower temp

I have 2 Fortec Universals that are .3 db, and one that is a .4db. I put the .3 on my setup. I bought them from sadoun via ebay. They had them listed as a .4, but the box and the label on the lnb say .3. It has given me 6% increase across the board. So I will leave it on :)
The Fortec Universal is a .4 too :)

interesting that the signals went up. I went from a Universal to a Standard and the Universal had a couple points lower than the Standard

Each LNB seems to be different :)

If anyone is interested, I see someone on eBay has the .3 db Fortec univ. lnb's - buy it now of $15 with $9 ish shipping. I bought mine for around $12 with shipping from Sadoun via ebay. I LOVE those lnbs! And after my swap out, I am going to stick with that lnb.

Larry
Is there a benefit to using a Universal Lnb as opposed to using a Standard lnb
i know they scan different freq.

Universal LNB's (freq. 10.7-12.75mhz) have a LNB LO frequency of 9750/10600.
Standard LNB's (freq. 11.7-12.2 mhz) have a LNB LO of 10750

Tip from Ice:
Universal LNB, for a short cut set the LNB to "Standard", LO frequency 10600 and turn 22k on.

When you blind scan a normal satellite, it won't scan the low band (which just takes up time)

i don't know what sats your scanning , but don't know what kind of benefit you gain from a Univ. ( but of course i can't see WUT yet)
thanks

I think there is only one or two birds that require a universal here in the States. But, I gained 6% across the board when I swapped out to the Universal lnb...cold just be a fluke. But, if I set the lnb to 10600 and 22k on, when I blind scan it scans 400 items. When I set it to "UNI", it scans 166 on most satellites. So I leave it at "UNI" I don't know the technical side, but my universal lnb is .3db and the standard I have is a .4db. Maybe that makes up the 6%?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)