Status
Please reply by conversation.

gizzer777

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 15, 2005
none
Hi again

Still dialing in my new 4dtv 922. Using a wineguard 8ft perf dish c band Norstat 8000 + KU band lnb. The Dish installation is 10+ yrs old so I know it is tracking the Clark belt just fine.

Anyway, While playing with G9 I can get the analogue signals at one position but the channels over ch 24 (virtual channels are a few degrees away! (Like the wealth channel (who cares) wealth HD, Starz HD etc)

Granted I have not played around on G9 for some time and had confined my viewing mostly to G1 starz through the years. But along with the receiver Upgrade, I also got an FTA receiver. It sees a ton of channels on the Bud on the 1st (analog position) but nothing on the second (above ch 24 position)

I am stumped since this is the only bird doing this (or I would think my 10 yr old Norstat was drifting!) Could it be the tuner in the new 922? Again, only on G9...everything from W3 east to C4 west tracks beautifully!!!!!! Even on G1 the HBO stuff comes in with signal levels over 55 G5 is also perfect.... Wierd!

The only other thing I can think of is the new Hdd200 with the Starz BUG (being replaced next week by the vendor) Could that be it?

Last edited:
Do you get a dc2 lock on transponder 10 or 18 on G9?
If you go to T5, can you get channel 600?

mkm4 said:
Do you get a dc2 lock on transponder 10 or 18 on G9?
If you go to T5, can you get channel 600?

Hmmmm.T5 (G4 is fine though) is messed up and No lock on those channels on G9....time to get out the $10 meter and have a look!!!
Will be back when I get T5 back!!! Thank you!
Jeff

Having a bad time locking on to T5 600....Have no idea why...been there before!

Good news is that I found the problem with G9....OPERATOR ERROR. The chart I am using shows G0 as G9...one at 127 and 1 at 129!....nice!

I do not think I am on t5...getting nothing on 600 but getting an ABC feed on ch 605 (Poor PQ)...no listing for this!
jeff

Last edited:
As you know lyngsat and your FTA receiver should help determin what sat your are on.

Good luck.

gizzer777 said:
Having a bad time locking on to T5 600....Have no idea why...been there before!

Good news is that I found the problem with G9....OPERATOR ERROR. The chart I am using shows G0 as G9...one at 127 and 1 at 129!....nice!

I do not think I am on t5...getting nothing on 600 but getting an ABC feed on ch 605 (Poor PQ)...no listing for this!
jeff

yep...

ken2400 said:
As you know lyngsat and your FTA receiver should help determin what sat your are on.
Good luck.

thanks again Ken!

it is appreciated....
I discovered that while playing with the KU side of the BUD that it will be a good idea to replace my old dish positioner with the new Superjack II, BEFORE it dies (I have it here already). The old one is always off a click or 2 which can really impact KU stuff ...when the weather clears I will have at it....many storms due in the West the next couple of weeks! Heck if is like last year, I will have a 6' snow platform to start on my tweaking and new installation! <grin>

jeff

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)