Interesting Read

Status
Please reply by conversation.
DANG!!!!! And I thought the SuperDishes were more of a challenge. This dish is going to be the hardest DBS satellite to setup yet. I wonder what Dish Network's dish will look like in the future with all of their slots their trying to pick up. I can just imagine all of the problems that are going to happen. We will probably see a number of posts about problems with these, I can just see it now.

I wonder how bad the rainfade will be? Imagine trees getting in the way this spring and having to work around trees having to tune in five satellites. I'd rather put in a SuperDish anyday if that satellite is as hard to tune in as it seems.

If you look at the manual and training video online it’s not difficult at all for an experienced installer. After the antenna is assembled and the mast is plumb it should only take a few minutes to align. I don’t believe it’s intended for the end user to install. I can’t imagine pops on the roof yelling down to mom to see if the meter on the tv has moved, that’s not a good scene.
Bob

Hi guys,

I've watched the video, read the installation instructions, and now seen the directv pdf. I gotta say that while this has more steps and the dish is heavier, this really doesn't look that bad. In fact, since it has the fine-tune adjustments, it may be easier. How many times has someone got the 3lnb dish aligned until they tightened the screws and changed the alignment. :)

That said, since I don't have a precision signal meter, I may not try to do this install myself. I've installed my first BUD and installed lots of D* dishes, but they didn't require a meter (but I bet it would it helped...)

As far as rain fade, the posters from Detroit are saying they are getting much better signals during rain than they've ever had before. Partially because of the larger size, partially from the better alignment. So I'm hopeful this one will be better.

Cheers,
Tom

Hmm, maybe its not as bad as it seems then for the professional. I'd hate to see the consumer try to put one in though.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts