Interesting SDR screencaps

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Balock

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
May 4, 2006
Beebe, AR
Thought I'd start a thread to showcase, so to speak, interesting things those of us playing around with SDR see and/or hear.

Here's one to start it off with: This is a screencap this evening from HDSDR and my RTL-SDR dongle centered around 433.5MHz. On the right-hand side of the screen you can see several short-duration signals in the waterfall...these are typically low-power remote transmitters for items such as wireless weather stations. I live in a town of <10,000, so I wonder what same frequency region may look like in a more densely populated area?

HDSDR_433MHz.jpg

That area is pretty darn empty near me (Hartford CT region), but I did find this:
sdrinterf.jpg

I didn't figure out what it was until I switched windows to save the screenshot. It's noise put out by my LCD TV. The variations in strength are from when I switched between chrome, SDR#, and paint. Apparently my TV is noisier with brighter pictures. I've found a pile of stuff around 450-465 MHz, mostly medical transport.

Nope, pretty dead for remote thermometers and such around here to. But decided to look for something in the L band via the LNBF. Connected to the loop out of the S9.
G3 - 95W
G3C-95w-if-ku.jpg
Sat freq calculates to 11797.407
Wonder if anyone else sees it?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)