Interesting story from Scripps broadcasting company

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Wow, thats a rare breed company is really promoting TV antennas!!:clapping:cool::hatsoff
as of sometime early this year we gained access to all scripps networks via KATC 3, KLFY 10 and K21OM-D (whenever it stays on the air) in Lafayette La. Scripps owns KATC and we have Grit, Court TV, and Bounce. KLFY has Laff and Ion, and the Low Power station has Defy, Ion Mystery, Newsy, and TrueReal. This is in the Lafayette La. Market. As for Court TV wish they would swap with Ion Mystery in our Market. Wish Scripps would buy the K21OM from HC2 DTV Innovate whomever owns it....I can say this much they own the best OTA Lineup with Weigel.

Reactions: c-spand

Wow, thats a rare breed company is really promoting TV antennas!!:clapping:cool::hatsoff
Gray and Tegna must be doing this too because on average Scripps, Gray, and Tegna owned stations have at least 5-8 networks on one transmitter. Places like Jackson MS and New Orleans La are flooded with just about everything....

Reactions: c-spand
Ah but they don't, in many/most/all situations, own those diginets, they are functioning as rebroadcasters meaning they don't have national streaming rights, only broadcast rights in their specific market.

Ah but they don't, in many/most/all situations, own those diginets, they are functioning as rebroadcasters meaning they don't have national streaming rights, only broadcast rights in their specific market.
With the exception of Fox, although they do own Tubi, all of the ota networks own major streaming services. Even PBS has one.

Ever since Scripps, Nexstar Media, Sinclair Broadcasting and Gray Television added more subchannels in my market in the late 2010s and early 2020s, the number of total subchannels in my market mushroomed from approximately 15 to approximately 30.

I'm so glad that one of the media companies (Scripps, in this case) is showing the people that free broadcast TV is still a viable alternative to expensive cable TV, satellite TV, and streaming services (I use broadcast TV myself to watch Star Trek [and its many spin-off series] on H&I, Home Improvement and Everybody Hates Chris on Laff, The Drew Carey Show on Rewind TV, The Flintstones, The Jetsons and Looney Tunes and Full House on MeTV, Storage Wars and American Pickers on Defy TV and Through the Decades on Decades.).

Scripps is about to make broadcast TV cool again...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 5)