Interesting VERY preliminary results...on Streaming WION

radio

"On the Air" in MI
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Oct 13, 2007
West Central Michigan
We'd like to do so, if nothing more than to serve it to members here! But, on a "local" level, and those who frequent our advertisers, I find myself amazed. Over the Air is still more important as a service than the possibility of streaming. We asked, "if we streamed, would you listen on your PC, A portable device, or just "over the air?"

Granted, only a few surveys are in yet, but I'm still amazed at the preliminary info.
Survey is young, will be up awhile and accessible at Welcome to WION, Ionia's I-1430 for listeners who are members here.

Wonder if that is indicative of my industry where everyone does it "because everyone ELSE does it" or, whether its unique to a more
rural area where broadband and cell is just not as reliable as other places! (Verizon is spotty, and 2 miles from the station to the West no broadband of the "wired" variety is available.) That certainly could affect people's views.

-jc

Attachments

• preliminary streaming info.JPG
    preliminary streaming info.JPG
    11 KB · Views: 183
I would like an online feed just for the simple fact that my workplace is a rf deadzone (my scanner will not even pick up anything at my desk), and I only get to listen to about 10 minutes on the drive into work in the morning.

Did you take the survey? Please DO and voice that opinion if you haven't! We really DO look at these surveys when making decisions. That's why we leave them up so long!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts