Interface Upgrade?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

shodobe

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 8, 2003
NorCal
Is there any chance that Dish would upgrade the interface for recievers other than the Hopper that would put them on par with the Hopper in looks and ease of use? This is for those who might not want to upgrade to the Hopper. It seems we have been stuck with the same old tiresome look for way to long and need a makeover. I probably will move up to the Hopper but not until the end of the year after all the bugs, problems and headaches everyone seems to have with new products goes away.

The interface is, IMO, is the least of the reasons to upgrade to a Hopper. There were once talks of the 722K getting the interface but nothing ever came of it.

Based off of how long the 922 and its new UI has been in the field and the fact that no older models have imported that UI, I doubt that VIP models will change. It wouldn't make much sense to put all that effort and money to change the older model receivers when Dish is all about moving forward and creating cutting edge equipment and especially since they now have 3 models with the improved UI to choose from. The 922 upgrade is free if you qualify and the Hopper 2000 is $50 if you qualify. Those upgrade options may not be a bad idea if you are wanting a new look/receiver.

Thanks. I thought so but t can't hurt to ask. My one question was the cost difference between the sling loaded and non-sling units. Couldn't you just buy the sling unit and put it on the Hopper 2000? Also do all the apps come on both units?

Thanks. I thought so but t can't hurt to ask. My one question was the cost difference between the sling loaded and non-sling units. Couldn't you just buy the sling unit and put it on the Hopper 2000? Also do all the apps come on both units?

The internal applications,yes (Facebook,Pandora...etc) The Hopper 2000 can have a Sling Adapter connected to it which will allow for remote viewing on mobile devices but that will not allow you to transfer recordings to an iPad. Hopper Transfers is an iPad app that you download and only works on the new Hopper with Sling receiver. The new model has 2X the ram and processor speed and the new chipset allows for the iPad DVR transfer feature. The older Hopper 2000 is not able to perform this function due to hardware limitations.

So if I am not intereste in transferring items to any device but only interested in remotely viewing my DVR then it sounds like the 2000 would be the right choice.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts