Interference/remote

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

mrsfarmer

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 21, 2008
I post about this back in Feb but we have started to have mega problems again.
The remote for TV2 does not work unless about 10' from the reciever. TV2 is in the kitchen and is about 30' from the reciever, model 625.
Can we get a bigger antenna for the reciever or a more powerful one? Is there an adapter to add to it?
Yes the remote is set for IR, the code is different than TV1. I checked the connection and it's screwed tight.
Can a cordless phone cause interference? I'm going to unplug it tonight and see if that works.
What gets me that for a over a month it worked fine, nothing has changed.
Has anyone had a problem like this? It is SO very annoying to have to almost walk right up to the reciever in order for it to work. Espicially since we also use TV2 in our bedroom. So when we go to bed, I first have to change the channel to what we want while in the living room. Out of luck for channel surfing.

Mrs. Farmer,

Something is not right. You mention the remote is set for IR? Is that a typo as it should be set to RF. The TV2 remote should have a green button at the bottom, and when viewing 'system info' the remote code for TV2 matches that of the remote?

Have you tried checking batteries? It could be you remote going bad.

Miner

TV2 remotes have a blue chip at the bottom and should be working in UHF mode. Bring up your system information screen and press some buttons on the TV 2 remote, you should see the TV 2 label flash in the System Info screen with each button press. I agree with the second post about changing the batteries. You can try a different remote code and see if it is better. If the receiver is located inside a cabinet or other enclosure, then the remote signal is getting seriously attenuated by the wooden structure. You can try putting the antenna on a long piece of coaxial cable and placing it outside the cabinet to see if it performs better.

It is possible to move your antenna into the TV2 room. The process is explained in this forum quite often and should be easily found with a search. There are even diagrams in those threads. However, this solution might not work for you since you have multiple TV 2 locations.

"You can try putting the antenna on a long piece of coaxial cable and placing it outside the cabinet to see if it performs better."

BINGO !!! That should do it!!!!

fred

oops my mistake - it is blue UHF for TV2. Sorry I was at work so didn't have it in front of me.

The reciever is not in a cabinet, it is sitting on top of our entertainment stand.
I unplugged the cordless phone last night. It worked briefly, but then this morning it still doesn't work. Like always, sometimes it works, most of the time it doesn't.
The remote & batteries are new since Feb, reciever is new since Feb.
We had this same problem with the 322 reciever but then it was in the basement. That worked for 3 years until Nov. We fought with the remote not working. So I upgraded in Feb to the 625. The installer had problems just like I've been describing, so installed the reciever on the main floor by TV1.

There has to be some interference and I don't know what it is. We can try a longer cable, but I know that didn't work last time either.

I think I finally got it figured out what was interferring. We have an FM Booster for our stereo. I unplugged it and waa-laa - it's working! Haven't had any problems since Sat with TV2! :eureka
I was ready to extend the antenna, and thought I'd try the booster first.
Should have thought of it long time ago.

thanks for all the help!

I think I finally got it figured out what was interferring. We have an FM Booster for our stereo. I unplugged it and waa-laa - it's working! Haven't had any problems since Sat with TV2! :eureka
I was ready to extend the antenna, and thought I'd try the booster first.
Should have thought of it long time ago.

thanks for all the help!

Mrs Farmer,

Glad to hear you found the problem. A simple fix to try the next time someone has a similar problem.

Miner

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)