Interference

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

jimwrye

Original poster
Jul 9, 2009
AZ
Re:4DTV,
I have a bedroom extension line with a 5-900MHz, 10db coaxial in-line amplifier. All is good until I turn on a fan, light, A/C, or any electrical device. Then I get major interference. Do I need more amplification, filter, or what?

What are you using the extension for?

If you touch the metal portion of the connector does the interference get better or worse?

Do you have everything properly grounded...Cables, receiver, etc...also why the inline amplifier. Just get your self a Channel Master CM 3410 which is a high quality ultra mini single output digital amplifier.

splitter/amplifier

I have a bedroom extension line with a 5-900MHz, 10db coaxial in-line amplifier. All is good until I turn on a fan, light, A/C, or any electrical device. Then I get major interference. Do I need more amplification, filter, or what?

I’m attempting to use a single coax cable to an extension TV with a fairly long run. I use a free-air antenna and a 4DTV. Will one type of splitter/amplifier boost my signal? If so, which?

Thnx, Jim

Your getting electrical interference and nothing else, you need to eliminate that before you add any amplification. So you need to find where it's entering the line.
Using an amp will only make it worse at this point.

Does any other sets pick up the noise..if not then you've either got a bad cable ( not sure what your running for cable ) poor connectors, cable is not grounded most likely on one end and acts like an antenna for the AC noise.

On my mini headend system I was getting electrical noise too. I found it to be a bad jumper between one of the modulators and the amp.
check closely your jumpers and connectors. you'd be surprised that sometimes just a loose connector will cause that.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts