Intermitent Power Loss

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Babadem

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 21, 2007
MA
I have noticed that when I insert the power supply pin plug into the Micro HD, I have to kind of wiggle, or slowly turn the plug to make a contact with the power receptacle on the Micro HD. If by some chance you make contact with the MicroBox by gently moving it to clean the area it is located or reposition it the power goes off. It is my conclusion and finding that the plug is not making a good contact with the MicroHD's power supply unit.

These cord plugs can be damaged by forcing sideways, but if you pull it out and look at the business end if there is not a tiny gap on each side of the spring clip, you can unplug it from the wall and insert a small straight pin, (safety pins or big head push pins are too big) carefully, gently between the edge of the clip and the outer wall on each side, not too far, just the tip 1/4 inch has always been plenty for me. Be careful not to damage the insulation. These with the spring clip are better than the tube ones. The 90 degree plugs do not allow so much torque and seem to work better for me. (but I'm just an RVer with about 70 cords - what do I know?)

These cord plugs can be damaged by forcing sideways, but if you pull it out and look at the business end if there is not a tiny gap on each side of the spring clip, you can unplug it from the wall and insert a small straight pin, (safety pins or big head push pins are too big) carefully, gently between the edge of the clip and the outer wall on each side, not too far, just the tip 1/4 inch has always been plenty for me. Be careful not to damage the insulation. These with the spring clip are better than the tube ones. The 90 degree plugs do not allow so much torque and seem to work better for me. (but I'm just an RVer with about 70 cords - what do I know?)
Forgive my ignorance, but which area do you refer to as the "Business end"? I'm kind of confused as to your explanations above, but I'm referring to "power in" (12vdc=2000mA) plug on the back the MicroHD, and not the end of the unit plugged into the wall.

microHD.REAR.420px.jpg

Update: I just finishing speaking with Tech Support at SatAV. They suggested l try a few things and see if it resolves the problem and get back to them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts