International Channel Satellite Move?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
According to Dish site, you get both

9850 is at 118.7 and 121 (if you still have a Superdish) whereas 704 is only at 118.7
There is also a KBS on channel 652 that is on 61.5 but I dont know if its the same thing

KBS WORLD 652
KBS WORLD 704
KBS WORLD 9850

Whats weird is when you click on any of those, they show 9850 as the channel

Network: KBS WORLD

Channel Name: KBS

Channel Number: 9850

Category: INTERNATIONAL

Description: KBS World, a Korean-language channel with English subtitles, is a general entertainment channel which is the oldest and most popular broadcasting station in Korea. Programming includes the most watched news, sitcoms, dramas, documentaries and current affair programs.

Available at no additional cost to DISH Network customers. May require additional dish antenna to view this programming. Additional fees may apply.

Are we suppose to get both 704/9850?

KBS world is provided as part of a paid package, but is also a free PI channel that Dish leaves open for all at 118. The reason for the two channel designations for the same feed from the same satellite has to do with the neighborhood concept. Those who subscribe to the relevant package have KBS Ch. 704 much closer to the channels they are paying for, while those who get KBS only as a freebie can tune at 9000 range.

The Latino package is a good example of the same concept: several English language channels that are also part of the Latino packages are mapped down to the 800 range so that those subs don't have to hunt for those channels at the 100-300 range, while the those very same channels and feeds we get in the hundreds range are locked red in the 800 range even if you are entitled to those channels. It keeps all the package channels as close together as possible, in the same neighborhood, for the sake of making it easier for the customer to find the channels to which they subscribe. Personally, I would prefer they just allow access to the 800 channel map down of these channels in the 100-300 range.

Thanks for the info. I am getting the station on 9850 and I am seeing 704 on the lineup, but it looks like a pay channel in RED. I know KBS World was originally a pay channel for $24.99+ with a few other channels when it started, then no one subscribe, this station was made for free to viewers.

Just curious to know what is the difference (if any).

Unless 9850 is pull out of the lineup and KBS is still free, then I will call Dish and tell them to open up 704.

Conus LIL

I have EA and WA, but my setup is the following for the following reasons:

61.5 -- for PI channels such as Pentagon channel
110 -- AAD HD Distants
118 -- Internationals, I have French Bouquet Package
119 -- AAD SD Distants
129 -- Stronger signal than 61.5, plus some HDPPV not on 61.5

I have 77 and 72 outside I could feed into my DPP44 if needed, I had 77 instead of 129 for a while (I "moved" and used a city on ConUS at 77)

There are HD Conus LIL for St. Louis at 118 w/the CW as well as the big 4. No SD versions but do you use the SD much?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)