International channels

Status
Please reply by conversation.

chepe

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Apr 4, 2004
Hi I am leaving in san francisco. I want to installing a world directv dish for international programs. can some one tell me what transponders do I have to check on my receiver h20. want to whatch filipine program. my zipcode is 94112.

Thanks

Hi I am leaving in san francisco. I want to installing a world directv dish for international programs. can some one tell me what transponders do I have to check on my receiver h20. want to whatch filipine program. my zipcode is 94112.

Thanks

I think the international channels are on the 95 satellite, which requires a separate dish. Without the dish installed, there are no transponders there to check.

Thanks

Please open new thread with the question - you'll get better attention and will not post off-topic here ;).

[you will need intrn combo - 101W+95W BIG dish]

Are you referring to TFC Direct? You only need 1 satalite dish which carries this package.

you'll need the 95 world dish. international channels will not work on any other dish than that, HOWEVER... ive had installed a Slimline and got the international channels along with regular programming... so i dunno if just having SLIMLINE would do the trick but i highly doubt it.

you'll need the 95 world dish. international channels will not work on any other dish than that, HOWEVER... ive had installed a Slimline and got the international channels along with regular programming... so i dunno if just having SLIMLINE would do the trick but i highly doubt it.
I'm lost here.

ONLY 95 WORLD dish provide access to int channels. You could use only the 85 world dish, because it have 101W and 95W LNBFs.

i dunno, i installed one last summer to an asian starting a new resturant and he was from overseas, and he strictly wanted international so i called back bc my workorder said to use Slimline 5 lnb and a 18 dish for locals (this was before the digital transaction took over) and after to my amazed, i was getting japanese speakin channels... i was shocked bc ive never came across this before.

how it got the channels, i have no clue. since then i have had no service calls since and i drive by that place every day and that slimline dish is still up. i got a world direct dish still in my van and havent used it yet.

Thats what I'm thinking smith

I pulled that doc and there are some Chinese channels on 119

TVB1 450 27 D7S @119W jade
TVB2 451 30 D7S @119W xinghe
TVBS 452 30 D7S @119W tvbs
TVBE 453 30 D7S @119W jent
CTV4 454 30 D7S @119W cctv4

In the techs post above he mentions that the channels I posted were right (post 12). I guess he got his languages mixed up ;)

well chinese, japanese, asians... either way.. all foreign channels.

i just remember installing a 5LNB slimline even though we use it for regular installs, he was able to get foreign channels.

transponder at 95 w for use 101 and 95 w fpr directv receiver

I think the international channels are on the 95 satellite, which requires a separate dish. Without the dish installed, there are no transponders there to check.

Yes. I forgot to tell about 101w. I know there is 32 transponders on 101w, but I don't know what to check for 95w. I am leaving in San Francisco,CA 94112
Thanks in advance.
Chepe

transponder on 95w

Thats what I'm thinking smith

I pulled that doc and there are some Chinese channels on 119

TVB1 450 27 D7S @119W jade
TVB2 451 30 D7S @119W xinghe
TVBS 452 30 D7S @119W tvbs
TVBE 453 30 D7S @119W jent
CTV4 454 30 D7S @119W cctv4

Thanks icberg. To be specific I woul like to know which tranponders to check on directv receiver h20 to met sure that I going to get filipine program.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)