International News & Wild Feeds

Status
Please reply by conversation.
The information between the two information is very similar.

Elevation: 47.8 / 47.8

Compass Reading: 154.6 / 156.5

Skew: -13.4/ -13.4

Two degrees difference in the compass reading is nothing! This is a starting point. It is highly unlikely that anyone of us could just aim a dish using only a compass and angle finder. To many variables exist. I am not even sure that I could resolve a dish aiming to two degrees on a compass! :D Two degrees difference of dish rotation on a mast is about 1/8th of an inch.

The mechanical assembly of the dish and regional magnetic variations will induce more deviation than this.

Okay this is curious, with the information that was mailed to me from the dealer with the coordinates and instructions to get to Galaxy 19, they said go to 156.50 degrees on the compass, dish elevation angle is 47.80 degrees and the LNBF -13.40 degrees. I get to Galaxy 19 no problem!

When I go to the dispointer site, they said: Elevation: 47.8° Azimuth (true): 163.5° Azimuth (magn.): 154.6° LNB Skew: -13.4° - Can't find Galaxy 19 with these instructions.

This site is showing different settings on the compass than what is true / accurate.

Can anyone please suggest a site that does what dishpointer does with greater accuracy?

Dishpointer is a great site to go to. Basically it will get you in the ballpark! If you cannot get a meter, then the next best thing is to have your Husband watch the meter on the receiver and go from there as you adjust. I bought a cheap $30 digital meter and I have found 2 different birds. As stated before, a QUALITY meter will cost you $$$, but it can be done with a cheap meter or by having someone watching the signal meter on the STB. FTA is all about trial and error, and being patient. I am a newbie, but I found 95W and SES 1 101W with my cheap $30 digital meter and the dishpointer website. The meter is generic, it does not show anything but a signal bar of strength and has an Attenuator. Its crude and not as accurate as a QUALITY meter, but it will get you there. Just keep playing with your setup, and it will all come together soon. ;)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)