International programming and hopper? (French and German)

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Technician1313

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 4, 2011
New Mexico
Hi, I'm a DNS Technician that just upgraded an existing Hopper/Joey system to international programming. The customer had a 1000.4 dish, and I installed a 500+ as a wing dish. (Normally we use a 44 switch/power inserter with the older style 500+ LNB, but with the solo node, I figured it would be best to just run it into the customers existing setup - This is not one of the newer style 500+ LNB's that have a switch built in.)

Everything was looking great, and his signal was screaming on all transponders from all satellites. I verified that he was getting some of the international channels (Hindi and Chinese), but DASH told us that it can take up to 30 minutes for the upper channels to come in... (French and German). The customer was okay with me leaving, so I closed the work order. However, he called back, and said they never came in. I have the TC again today, and I'm just curious if anyone has any suggestions. This is the first international dish+hopper setup in our office, so I thought I'd reach out to you guys.

Any help would be appreciated!

So let me see if I understand the setup. You have a DP LNB on 118 going to the input on a 1000.4?

Just to update you guys.. I verified that this is the correct installation protocol for the equipment I had. I went to the trouble call, and he told me that he ended up getting all the channels that he was supposed to get. He didn't get those until the next morning though. Tech support said they should have had them within 30 minutes after closing the work order, but I guess that's not true.

The channels should come in right away, but most likely the guide tables had not rebuilt. The nightly update is what forced the guide update and most likely why the channels appeared the next day. If you were to leave an avaialble tuner on the Hopper for about 30 minutes, it should update the guide if needed. If that doesn't work, the nightly update should fix the problem every time because the guide is fully updated and rebuilt.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)