International Services Moving to 118.7 Orbital Slot - DELAYED

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
International Services Moving to 118.7 Orbital Slot - DELAYED

The June 20th cut-over date for International programming to be broadcast off of the 118.7 satellite has been delayed. Customers activating any of the below International languages should be installed with a 121 SuperDISH until further notice.

* South Asian – Kannada
* South Asian – Bangla
* South Asian – Malayalam
* South Asian – Telugu
* French
* African
* Armenian
* Filipino
* German
* Chinese
* Korean

All languages not listed above, should continue to be installed at either the 148 or 61.5 orbital locations.

No technical problem. The channels are already up and running and have been for a few weeks.

Again there are no Plus Dishes available for dealers to install.

scott please write - what polish channels are work in dish network ?
My father live in USA and need some polish channels.

If they are only a few weeks away from having new Plus dishes, then why not just tell customers that they have a 2-week wait on new installs for those internationals, rather than put up a Superdish for 121, and then require either a new Plus dish install a few weeks from now, or a conversion kit for the superdish (in either case, more cost to the installer or E*)?

If I'm being pedantic, the lack of Dish+ dishes is in fact a technical problem; earth-based rather than space-based :p

Cheers,

Scott Greczkowski said:
No technical problem. The channels are already up and running and have been for a few weeks.

Again there are no Plus Dishes available for dealers to install.

I hope

They actually took away a channel 'GermanTV'. Merkel cut the funding as soon as she took over. They substituted it with the pathetic DW-TV which is only news and only half in German. It used to be available online for free. The delay hurts, I want to upgrade to HD but I want to shed by defective superdish in the process.

bb1 said:
They actually took away a channel 'GermanTV'. Merkel cut the funding as soon as she took over. They substituted it with the pathetic DW-TV which is only news and only half in German. It used to be available online for free. The delay hurts, I want to upgrade to HD but I want to shed by defective superdish in the process.

OT here as well. You mean German TV shut down on its own. DISH just substituted a defunct channel with another one, albeit a less popular one. Only channels I can think of DISH taking down because of contract negotiations are SBS and Tara Muzak. German TV, centroamerica TV, and etc. were all shut down on its own.

I have noticed some Dish 1000's at some people's houses that used to have or still have the existing SuperDish and the locals are still at 105 and 129. I figure this is due to the issues with the SuperDishes and Dish Network replacing them with a Dish 1000 for free since the SuperDish has been discontinued.

I doubt that would use this bird for National HD as I remember hearing some markets have problems with signal in their area. As far as we know, E* doesn't want to run 8PSK on this bird, so I highly doubt you'll see national HD either. Just like you see now, a few HD LIL's. I'm betting they will use 118.7 to free up space on 61.5 and 129 for my HD on these birds.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)