Internet Options Thru Dish

tobsandmags

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 20, 2011
I'm helping my elderly in-laws move to a new town. They have Dish and I've arranged to have their TV service moved to their new house on their behalf. I've lost track of what Dish offers for internet. I tried calling the customer support line twice but because they have an active work order for this Saturday to install TV service at the new house they can't provide me any info in internet options....zero info....not even what Dish offers, in general, as a company.

I seem to recall partnerships for DSL bundling with local telcos. If that is still an option (depending if their local telco is a partner), is everything bundled on 1 bill? Or, is it still 2 different bills? Is their a price break for doing this or is it not worth the hassle? They are moving to a small town with Xfinity and DSL internet options so I'm not looking at satellite internet options.

Thanks....Kent

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

They bundle with Frontier, Windstream, and in some areas out west they resell CenturyLink. Otherwise, it would be DishNet which is HughesNet under a different name. If one of those companies is not the ILEC in their area, and If they have Xfinity available I would get it over satellite internet for sure.

They bundle with Frontier, Windstream, and in some areas out west they resell CenturyLink. Otherwise, it would be DishNet which is HughesNet under a different name. If one of those companies is not the ILEC in their area, and If they have Xfinity available I would get it over satellite internet for sure.
The centurylink would be DishNetWireline and it is not all CL areas... It is ones that were previously Qwest before CL bought Qwest. The DishNet will likely be Hughes, but there are still some places that they set up Viasat and it is runs the same exact way as the Hughes. I never understood why they didn't just go straight Hughes but I'm guessing they still had a contract with Wildblue even after Echostar bought HughesNet

Cold Irons has the truth of it. Satellite internet is an absolute last resort only if there is no other option available. It is slow, and expensive with extremely high latencies and restrictive data caps. I would get slower DSL over satellite internet. I'd probably even suffer through a cable company (despite dealing with them making me want to kill myself every phone call).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts