Introducing the Directv Mix Channels

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
Doesn't look to be anything as near as good as E* has. Is it interactive with SAP audio for each channel. From the website it looks to be a static channel with music in the background...

From the FAQ:
Q: Can you click on the small channel within the Mix Channel to see the full screen?
A: No. When you see a channel that you like, tune to it as you normally would

Hmmm..what's the point then? So much for "interactive," or maybe I missed the point.

You can change the audio to match the channel you want to focus on by using the SAP button on your remote. The channels default to a rotating barker (for News & Sports) or Radio Disney (I'm pretty sure that's what was there this morning) in the case of the KidsMix channel.

As you move forward through the SAPs (they've got 1 through 9 lit up, mind you) your sound will move to the next channel whose video is in line on the screen.

On one hand, I can see the benefit (and even for the Shopping version for the handful of QVC junkies out there), but on the other hand, I'm greedy. I'm still looking for more new SD content.

This could have waited until they addressed some of the content concerns.

There are plenty of channels that they could be adding to distance themselves further from cable. But we're left with a system that is on par with most of the urban digital systems out there. D*/E* beat cable on price, but even that advantage goes away once cable begins to truly outstrip satellite in terms of channels offered.

mhking said:
You can change the audio to match the channel you want to focus on by using the SAP button on your remote. The channels default to a rotating barker (for News & Sports) or Radio Disney (I'm pretty sure that's what was there this morning) in the case of the KidsMix channel.

As you move forward through the SAPs (they've got 1 through 9 lit up, mind you) your sound will move to the next channel whose video is in line on the screen.

On one hand, I can see the benefit (and even for the Shopping version for the handful of QVC junkies out there), but on the other hand, I'm greedy. I'm still looking for more new SD content.

This could have waited until they addressed some of the content concerns.

There are plenty of channels that they could be adding to distance themselves further from cable. But we're left with a system that is on par with most of the urban digital systems out there. D*/E* beat cable on price, but even that advantage goes away once cable begins to truly outstrip satellite in terms of channels offered.
I could not have said this better myself. The amount of junk D* offers is unreal.

While I like the idea of the mix channels, the audio options blow. On my D10 recievers I have to hit menu & then cycle through audio options 1-9 to hear each screen. The thing is that you have to even get into the menu function & the menu screen is on top of the mix channels! What good does that do?

With my Tivo I have to hit info, then scroll down to audio & then cycle through English1-9 The same thing with an even bigger menu screen covering the mix channels. Basically for me it's either watch them or listen & not be able to see.

When Dish did their mix channels all you did was use your keypad to highlight a box around that channel & the audio automatically came through. It was a MUCH better, simpler, quicker approach.

I hope I'm doing it the hard way & it does work like Dish's did. Can someone advise?

Thanks.

Ok..how do I go about doing this SAP shuffle nonsense on my HTL-HD? Open up the menus like ds650 mentioned??

On mine I just used the right and left arrows alone to cycle through the audio. On higher end receivers just use your audio button.

I took a look at these new mix channels last night and could not find any use for them so I removed them from the channels I receive list. If they want to give us something usefull I think there are better uses for the channels then the mix type they have on them now.

No. Not very good tech for D*, hopefully they improve it to actually be interactive.

The way I understand it the only interactive recievers will be the D10 and up. Us with the old "WINK" interactive rec. will be left in the dark as for interactive content. I thought I remember a little over a year when I purchased my RCA486 that they said it was upgradable, so much for that. Directv want us to buy new recievers I guess. Not me,till mine dies anyway.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts