Invacom L/C LNB + SG-2100 + SV-4000 Issues

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I'm thinking maybe my procedure is wrong. I tried just randomly driving the motor east/west again and I don't pick up AMC 4, but if I tell the receiver to go to AMC 4, it finds it, so perhaps my continuous scanning of the sky is just going past these sats too quickly, but even when I see small increases in signal, I slow down and try to fine tune, but the Q stays at 0.

Is this normal?

You say it finds amc4, do you get any channels on it, or have you tried blindscanning when you think you're on it? I'd say, go loosen the motor brackets a bit and slowly turn dish east or west, while sitting on a known working transponder on that satellite. See if your signal/quality changes. Pick a freq from the list of transponders in the sticky here: I need a strong transp etc..

AMC4 has a few channels where I get the audio, but no video doesn't break up at all. It also has a few religious channels where both video and audio work. Although when I'm in the sat setup the Q is 0, once I go to channels the Q is around 40 - 60.

I've also managed to pick up AMC1. It shows The Pentagon channel and a couple encrypted fedex channels.

I get Q of 40 on AMC1. I scanned it when I thought I was on it. With the other sats I've found, once I get > 0 Q it tells me the sat name in the upper right, but for AMC1 it didn't tell me. I only identified it based on the approximate position of the motor and then the pentagon channel and fedex stuff I found on lyngsat to sort of confirm it.

Last edited:
Pick one thats not on AMC1 (that satellite has a very odd skew, diff from all the other sats, so you will not get it perfect with a small dish/motor) and try adjusting the elevation up and down a tiny amount, once you have tried with the east/west tweak. It takes time!

So far I've managed to find quite a few sats. I guess I was just searching through them too fast (and using incorrect transponders).

Are these qualities about right or is my dish not aligned well?

Deg - Sat - Q

72 - AMC6 - 46
74 - G17 - 46
79 - AMC5 - 47
82 - NIMIQ2 - 99
83 - AMC9? - 63
85 - AMC2 - 41
87 - AMC3 - 98
89 - G28 - 21
91 - G11 - 11
93 - G26 - 33
95 - G3 - 48
97 - G25 - 32
101 - AMC4 - 99
103 - AMC1 - 39
105 - AMC15 - 34
110 - Dish - 99
119 - Dish - 99
121 - Dish - 6

At one point I had picked up what I thought was G16, as well as AnikF1 and G10R, but I can't seem to find these 3 again.

EDIT: for all, but G26 I used the tp's listed on the "
sticky.gif
I need a strong transponder to aim my dish" thread. For G26 I had to use 11711 V 14312. For a couple other sats I found stronger tp's, but the Q's I've written are using the ones in that thread.

Every signal meter is different so it's hard to say. I get much higher readings on G11ku though, and G28. As long as you're getting stable video, that's what matters. Some transponders are not putting out the same amount of power as others so you may seen a big diff in readings on the same sat. Looks like you're good on amc4 now though!

Only sat I'm having probs with video on I believe is G11, I'll have to double check. On my receiver a Q of about 15 and up seems to mean stable video, but below that, like on G11 it breaks up.

Of course there's still lots (between 72 and 123) I've not been able to tune in yet.

FYI I used to have a SV 4K, and, with a 1m dish here in South Louisiana I locked some feeds on G10 with SQ in the 90's. G11 as I remember was in the 90's too.
I was one of the ones that couldn't get USALS to work on the SV 4k. So on ebay it went. :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts