Status
Please reply by conversation.

stogie5150

Crazed Cajun Rebel
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Jan 7, 2007
Slidell,LA
Will the Invacom Quad LNB fit my P* 1m dish? Best I can figure out it has a 40mm neck, my P* dish does too, I was just wondering if it had enough fore/aft adjustment for focal length.:confused:

I want to be able to do CP/LP on one dish easily and from what I've read on here that's the way to do it. :)

I thought the Primestar dish was a 25mm neck. I know to add a LNB to the Primestar, I cracked the casing behind the eye of the LNB to fit in there perfectly

40mm, no?

I have store credit from returning the DVB WorldBox and I am going to use it for the Invacom. :D

Attachments

• IMG_0497.JPG
    IMG_0497.JPG
    35.6 KB · Views: 166
  • IMG_0498.JPG
    IMG_0498.JPG
    34.7 KB · Views: 140
  • IMG_0499.JPG
    IMG_0499.JPG
    34 KB · Views: 144
I know on my Primestar (40x30" dish) where it says pol slab on your LNB is where the LNB would sit in the groove, which is 25mm.

That dish looks different than mine.

Alright thanks Ice. I'll go ahead and order it and if I have to I'll fabricate something to make it work... I am READY to get rid of that P* LNB and introduce some circular polarity to the FTA party! :D

I attached a pic...sorry for the size...

Attachments

• IMG_0491.JPG
    IMG_0491.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 172
no problem about the size. I can blow it up :)

Where the LNB is right now in the picture is a 40mm so yes an Invacom will fit in there

Cool thanks!

No I meant that when I originally took the picture I had my camera set in high res so the resulting picture was HUGE. I usually put the camera on 640X480 for pics I am gonna put on the net...for some reason I forgot...:D

Will the Invacom Quad LNB fit my P* 1m dish? Best I can figure out it has a 40mm neck, my P* dish does too

yes it will fit perfectly (size wise)

I was just wondering if it had enough fore/aft adjustment for focal length.

now where i don't know if it is perfect at is the FD/ FL , i would like to test mine ( warmer weather) i have it pushed all the way (out) and think it could use a bit more but i get good signals just don't think they are peak signals.

it was discussed in another thread about using the QPF-031 and the feedhorn from the primstar 1 meter to get a peak performance. i would have to buy a QPF-031 to test the theory ..... but i haven't been able to test yet. but like i said the the QPH 031 gets a good signal.

Cool thanks!

No I meant that when I originally took the picture I had my camera set in high res so the resulting picture was HUGE. I usually put the camera on 640X480 for pics I am gonna put on the net...for some reason I forgot...:D

understandable. I've done that before too :)

yes it will fit perfectly (size wise)

now where i don't know if it is perfect at is the FD/ FL , i would like to test mine ( warmer weather) i have it pushed all the way (out) and think it could use a bit more but i get good signals just don't think they are peak signals.

it was discussed in another thread about using the QPF-031 and the feedhorn from the primstar 1 meter to get a peak performance. i would have to buy a QPF-031 to test the theory ..... but i haven't been able to test yet. but like i said the the QPH 031 gets a good signal.

The feedhorn for the (mostly) round dish is just that, round. My oval P*'s, however, have the goofy looking feedhorn that you speak of. I think if I were to get an Invacom for the oval dish I would get the one that mates to the P* feedhorn. I don't think the round dish has an odd shaped feedhorn, hell I could be wrong though seeing's how the dish isn't really round but egg-shaped.
I just hope the Invacom does better than the P* LNB. :cool:
But then on some channels on G10 I can push 97% quality some days and the weaker TP's are in the 80's on the good days on my CS 5k, with the P* LNB. :cool:

Last edited:
yes , i was thinking the feedhorn for the round to get the correct distance ( focal distance / length) that was my thoughts anyway....

i have the oval & round.
might have to try it in the summer for both ( i have 2 rounds and 3 ovals )
it will be "Team PrimeStar Dish Testing Farm" lol lol
will be testing

one P* round with QPH-031
one P* round with QPF-031 with round PrimeStar Feedhorn

one P* oval with QPH-031 ***
one P* oval with QPF-031 with oval primestar feedhorn
***will have to modify the holder to go from 25 mm to 40 mm ( or fix a special clamp to hold it.

just hope the Invacom does better than the P* LNB.
But then on some channels on G10 I can push 97% quality some days and the weaker TP's are in the 80's on my CS 5k, with the P* LNB.

could you pm me with your tp readings on g10 and maybe sbs6, i would like to compare ...

Stogie, if you have the original feedhorn for that dish (which you do judging from the pics), I'd go with the QPF version of the Quad. Should be a perfect match :)

I'd get a QPF for my 1M Channel Master, except that dish is fixed on G-10R, so no need for circular...

Stogie, if you have the original feedhorn for that dish (which you do judging from the pics), I'd go with the QPF version of the Quad. Should be a perfect match :)

I'd get a QPF for my 1M Channel Master, except that dish is fixed on G-10R, so no need for circular...

Well, to be honest, the flange version of it is almost double in price. Plus the store where I had the credit didn't have the flanged version. So the standard version is going to have to be worse than what I have for me to pay that much more for the flanged version. :D

I understand it'd be a better fit, but right now I don't have the $$.;)

I have a 1 meter Primestar dish with a tripod lnb holder. My Invacom .3 LNB has a 40 mm neck that fits good! I pulled the LNB back from the dish until the eyehead ouches the lnb bracket.
Go for it!

I used a QPF-031 for my .9 meter Channel Master salvage project. The best deal I could find was $101.75 delivered.

The results have been even better than hoped for.

Well I have it installed, it doesn't do much better than the P* LNB, which is disappointing, but the cool thing is now I have circular polarity, baby! :D

I definitely think if I had a little more adjustment it would be better, but heck its doing fine! Now I can hope the hackers get shut down soon, so I can pick up a cheap reciever for my cigar room.... :up

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)