Invacom QPH-031 & DiSeqc or 22khz Switch ???

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

greyskies

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 16, 2004
sunny South Florida
Folks:

Just a simple series of questions.

1. When using an SG2100 motor, does the new Invacom QPH-031 require a DiSeqc or 22kh switch to go back and forth between satellites requiring Circular vs. Linear Polarity?

2. If it requires a DiSeqc switch, then what effects, if any, will my continued use of a 22khz switch have on the system, or what will otherwise result from my use of the 22khz switch rather than a DiSeqc switch (note that I have some spare DiSeqc switches lying around in my parts box)?

I would truly appreciate people's thoughts and knowledge, as I had just installed this new LNB this weekend, and didn't change any of my hardware. Consequently, I am presently using the pre-existing 22khz switch that I had hooked up many months ago.

Thanks for all input,

greyskies in sunny South Florida

Answer to question 1. To hook up to one receiver, you would need at least a DiSeqc switch of some sort, with this hooked up, everything works like a charm. No 22Khz switch in play at all.

Rick

Rick:

It was my understanding that the SG2100 motor used DiSeqc commands from the receiver for its movement control, and that is why I had installed a 22khz switch earlier. The 22khz switch is connected after the motor, and before the 2 LNB connectors (had 2 LNBs, now the QPH-031 being 1 LNB with 2 connectors).

1. Are you using a motor?
2. If so, you can still use a DiSeqc switch, and do not need a 22khz switch?

The only reason I had purchased the 22khz switch before was because I was told that I could not jump back and forth between CP LNB and LP LNB with a DiSeqc switch because of the motor's requirements.

greyskies, a Diseqc switch won't interfere with a motor at all, they use different "addresses"

greyskies said:
I was told that I could not jump back and forth between CP LNB and LP LNB with a DiSeqc switch because of the motor's requirements.

Who told you that?

greyskies said:
Rick:

It was my understanding that the SG2100 motor used DiSeqc commands from the receiver for its movement control, and that is why I had installed a 22khz switch earlier. The 22khz switch is connected after the motor, and before the 2 LNB connectors (had 2 LNBs, now the QPH-031 being 1 LNB with 2 connectors).

1. Are you using a motor?
2. If so, you can still use a DiSeqc switch, and do not need a 22khz switch?

The only reason I had purchased the 22khz switch before was because I was told that I could not jump back and forth between CP LNB and LP LNB with a DiSeqc switch because of the motor's requirements.

Yes, I am using a motor (SM3D12 - USALS capable), I have a the DiSeqc switch between the motor and the receiver, I setup the receiver to utilize which port on the DiSeqc switch to use for which LNB. I currently have 1 going to the linear side of the QPH, 1 going to the Circular side, and 1 going to a fixed 18" dish. The right commands go to the motor with no problems. Like I said, works great.

Well pointed out, the linear side has a L.O. of 10750! So its a standard KU 0.3 dB.

(The circular ports use 11250, I am getting 99% quality on most all CP TP.)

You could use either a DiSEqC or a 22khz switch.

I'm going to set my QPH Invacom up using a 4 x 4 multiswitch, which incorporates a 22khz tone switch to select between the two sides of the LNBF.

The two circular outputs from the LNBF go into one set of inputs on the 4 x 4 (either sat A or sat B) and the two linear outputs go into the other. One will be selected with 22khz on, the other with it off. The 4 x 4 will allow up to 4 receivers to see either the linear or circular side of the LNBF at any polarity.

Since the linear side of the QPH is standard (L.O. 10750), the 22khz will work fine. You could also use a DiSEqC switch, but this solution seems more efficient to me. Of course, if you're adding a third LNBF into the mix, you would have to use a DiSEqC switch because 22khz only switches between 2 LNBFs (or, in this case, the two sides, circular and linear, of the QPH).

It is best to install any switch between the LNBF and the motor to avoid damage to the switch from motor current. So the connection order would be RECEIVER > MOTOR > SWITCH (22khz or DiSEqC) > LNBF

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)