Invacom Quad setup ?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
Mankato, MN
Ordered one of them Invacom Quad LNB’s and had a question

How are the ports set up?
Is it C C L L or C L C L

Are the 2 linear next to each other or is it alternating?

I want to get my switches ready and need to know so I can run the cables right :D

Cool…just wanted to make sure so I can get it hooked up quickly

With it being so cold out I want to make sure I’m outside as little as possible :D

Just got mine last week. Although I did replace the Fortec dual .4 LNB with it. I have yet to run any other cables, so I've only got the 1 on one of the linears hooked up. I've got to get off my butt and run a cable to see if ESPN U is still in the clear on whichever DBS sat it was clear on.

Al

That's too bad. Lyngsat has it listed on 110. It was posted to lyngsat on oct 30, 05 as in the clear. Guess it didn't last long or was one of those couple of days type flukes. Thanks Ice. Now I'm not in a hurry. Not that I ever was.

Al

Iceberg, the first thing you'll notice about the QPH is how BIG and HEAVY that thing is! One reason I'm glad to be going to a 36" instead of the Winegard on my motorized QPH setup is that the LNB arm/holder on the 36" is stronger than the one on the Winegard.

I've held one of them before (PSB had one) and yes it is heavy

I'll see how it works out once I get it....and if I can get the snow off the roof to get to the dish :)

Nah. I got it

Got a snow rake to get most of it but then I just climb on the roof and sweep the rest off…just need the motivation to get up there (roof can get slippery) :D

I felt uncomfortably cold the other night stringing a temporary run of coax down the side of my house from the dish farm to the FEMA trailer. It was about 40 degrees and the wind was blowing at about 15-20 mph.

I don't think I could handle roof work now in Minnesota!

The cover for the four coax connectors slides up for allowing access to the conections, then back down after you have then connected to protect the cables. Your cables still should have tape or something to protect the connectors, as the cover does not offer much protection. Take care not to get snow in the connections when running your cables.

Last edited:
One of these days I'll get up there. Its been pretty nice the past week (in the low 30's which for us is a heat wave) but the roof is covered with ice so I can't get there :(

Damn this unit is heavy compared to other LNB's :)

Hello Ice,
Are you goto hook it up with your fixed dish or motor?
I'm thinking to get one for me too. :)

motorized (since you been to casa du Iceberg it would be the one on the far left) :)

The fixed dish I will upgrade from a .5 spitfire to the X-treme .3 once I take that off :D

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts