Invacom Quad :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

iafirebuff

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 10, 2006
Waterloo, Iowa
Well, I fought the heat and humity today and hooked up my newy acquired Invacom Quad (THANKS Gabshere!). WOW! It is HUGH! But it did not affect the arm of my dish at all, and all of my signal strengths are the same as I had before. I like being able to scan the Dish birds now. Also, I will be picking up a 3rd receiver, and will use the 2nd output on it to feed the 3rd receiver. So, I am happy!

glad it worked out Larry!

I tried one but it didnt work the best for me due to the slope of my roof. I couldn't get G10 on the motorized because the coax was hitting the roof :(

You might want to use some sort of a shim to keep it the weight of it from shifting on the dish's arm. I used wound up electric tape around a stick propped up for my shim in that spot.

It did not flex my arm down at all. Matter of fact I recored the signal strengths on my far east, far west, trues south and G10, and it is exactley the same as before. I was concerned about the arm from what I have heard, but when I put it on, the arm did not budge at all.

It did not flex my arm down at all. Matter of fact I recored the signal strengths on my far east, far west, trues south and G10, and it is exactley the same as before. I was concerned about the arm from what I have heard, but when I put it on, the arm did not budge at all.
I'm interested to see how the lnbf handles snow/ice. It's a big lnbf! I'm afraid it's gonna catch a bit more snow/ice, and thusly weigh down the arm more under those conditions too.

Will see. THe only time I have had ice build up was the big ice storm last year. My dish is in a location that has sun most of the day, and my use house white vinyl siding that is close to the dish, and that side of the house acts like a big reflector :) I am going to order a 3ABN dish, and that has the support arms, so I can use that if it becomes an issue.

I've had mine for over a year and love it. I used to have a legacy side car circular LNB but it was a pain having everything a few degrees off. I didn't experience any of the arm sagging issues on my fortec 90cm either.

I tried one but it didnt work the best for me due to the slope of my roof. I couldn't get G10 on the motorized because the coax was hitting the roof :(

Maybe you could use flat coax and bend it up on the back of the LNB and then connect your regular coax from there. ;)

Maybe you could use flat coax and bend it up on the back of the LNB and then connect your regular coax from there. ;)
Or slide the little "slide down" mechanism up (for more room) and put in a 90-degree elbow connector (surely they make them in RG6 compliant versions)

Did do that...had the 90 degree rf adapters and honestly it didn't help my signal.

Use a Sadoun dual and it works fine :)

If you don't need circular, the BSC-321 is stellar. I took my Invacom off my 84e P* and put it on ebay, bought the BSC321 for 10 bucks, slapped it on and it almost matched the Invacom signal-wise point for point. I am extremely happy with it. :)

using this lnb with a 90cm motorized dish mounted on one of those non-penetrating roof mounts (the ones held down with cinder blocks) work for me on a flat roof?
I'm considering this setup, but worried the dish, when moving, will have a problem with the roof.
Or, will my dish be high enough off the roof "floor"?
Thanks

Janzy, are you referring to the Invacom QPH-031 quad? If so, it depends on if there are any obstructions on your roof close to the dish. As far as the QPH LNBF actually hitting the flat roof, that should not be a problem. I'm using NPRMs in my dish farm, and one of them (soon to be two of them) is motorized... a 90cm Azure Shine dish on an SG-2100 with an Invacom QPH. The slanted portion of my roof is even next to the dish, and I have never had the LNBF hit.

Attachments

• 008.jpg
    008.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 165
Last edited:
I installed my Invacom today, I think I missunderstood this unit. Is it intended for one reciever to acquire a dedicated port for each signal Vert Low/Hor Low and vert high/hor high? how do I send it to two recievers? 4-2 multiswitch?

the Invacom quad has 4 outputs
2 linear
2 circular

both polarities are on each output so for 2 receivers you have 2 options (if you want ot use both the C & L outputs
-a diseqc switch to combine one L & one C ouput together. This is for one receiver....repeat for 2nd
-4x2 or 4x4 multiswitch...then only one switch is needed. Run both L sides into the 13/18 volt side and the 2 C for the 13/18v+22k side

It is a nice lnb to have. Yep, 2 small switches should work for two receivers. I have one switch going to a motor that goes to a pansat 3500 and the other to a dvb world usb device on the computer. I use computer as a pvr and record shows like a digital vcr type of thing or a poor man's tivo. If you do use a motor, remember that the motor can only be controlled by one receiver... but you can hook the second receiver's switch directly on to the other two ports on the lnb...

so it goes

reciever 1 --> motor--> switch -->lnb ports for L1 and C1
receiver 2 (in my case a dvb world usb device) -->Switch --> Lnb ports for L2 and C2.

Of course, if you don't want the Cs since you don't want to get dish network or bev birds on the few things they do occassionally unscramble you could just make the second part be

receiver 2--> Lnb port for L2

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts