Status
Please reply by conversation.

kingjeste

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Jun 23, 2008
Ohio
I'm thinking about getting an QPH-031.. Was wonder how good are they? they pickup weaker singals .. I've got an standard cir/lin think brand is DMS(snr 0.4db).

Just an wandering thought before spending $60

Thanks for your time/input

KJ/Ohio

In my opinion the Invacom is well worth the money spent , due to the low noise and you can recieve linear and circular with this LNB , bottom line a great choice .;}

I'm thinking about getting an QPH-031.. Was wonder how good are they? they pickup weaker singals .. I've got an standard cir/lin think brand is DMS(snr 0.4db).

KJ/Ohio

I love mine seems to be very accurate and can pick up all the signals I have tried to get so I would give it high recommendation's.

I highly recommend the Invacom QPH-031 LNBFs. I currently have seven or eight and have purchased quite a few more than that over the past few years for my friends and relatives. None of them have ever failed and they are very exceptional in regards to performance.

Although you could probably get by in most cases with something a little less expensive, the Invacom QPH-031 is money well spent and I will continue to buy them without question in the future, unless someone comes up with something better, and it will probably be from Invacom if they do.

RADAR

I didnt like mine. I actually lost signal points and I can mark it up to a couple things
-the thing is friggin heavy
-I am at 45N latitude

The Winegard dish doesnt have side brackets so the LNB weighed down the dish arm which hindered my signal especially on the ends

I use a Sadoun dual LNB that I got a while back and have an old Directv LNB clamped next to it for those 1/2 dozen DBS signals. Much cheaper and works just as good :)

That was other thing.. how heavy it is.. mmm.. might look for something.. thanks for the input.. all..

If you use a dish with side support struts, weight won't be an issue. It is an issue with dishes such as the Winegard 2076, which doesn't have those struts. I had my first QPH-031 on a Winegard 2076, and it performed poorly due to its weight causing it to sag. Both of my motorized dishes are now 3ABN Azure Shine dishes with tripod feed supports, and there are no longer any weight issues with my Invacom quads.

I didnt like mine. I actually lost signal points and I can mark it up to a couple things
-the thing is friggin heavy
-I am at 45N latitude

The Winegard dish doesnt have side brackets so the LNB weighed down the dish arm which hindered my signal especially on the ends

I use a Sadoun dual LNB that I got a while back and have an old Directv LNB clamped next to it for those 1/2 dozen DBS signals. Much cheaper and works just as good :)

That was other thing.. how heavy it is.. mmm.. might look for something.. thanks for the input.. all..

I robbed the side "struts" off my 1M Winegard DS-3100 dish and retrofitted them to the 76 cm Winegard DS-2076. That kept the weight of the QPH-031 from sagging the LNBF support bracket.

I think the QPH-031 weighs about 1.5 lbs.

The reason I am using the DS-2076 is because at the time, I only had an SG-2100 motor and it was having a hard time moving the 1M dish. When I panned over to the far east or west, it wouldn't pan back without me physically assisting it. I am now using the Sadoun PowerTech DG-280, DG280B and DG-380 motors, so I can put my 1 M dish back in motor service.

I loaned my 1 M dish to my brother so that he could do his C-Band tests, but I have another one still in the box. He was able to drive the 1 M dish with his SG-2100 motor. I think his was either a newer model that had been beefed up or possibly it was the Moteck SG-2100 version (mine were the DigiPower versions at that time).

RADAR

I use a QPH-031 on my motorized Fortec dish. My original one went bad, so I got a replacement.
While I like the lnbf because it is really handy to have both linear and circular in the same unit, as far as performance, it is no better and no worse than much cheaper lnbfs. I don't believe the noise figure specs on any of these lnbfs. I would definately not spend more for any lnbf based only on noise figures. If you are interested in looking at the DBS sats and need circular, then the 031 is worth the money, but for just plain linear, a $15 lnbf will work just as well, perhaps better. I have a cheap $15 lnbf on my fixed dish, and it actually has better ratings, although again, I don't put much stock in the claims.

Hmmm....I use the Invacom on my motorized Winegard 2076 and have ZERO problems. The weight isn't an issue in my setup. :)

great LNB

KJ/Ohio

I've owned an Invacom QPH-031 for a month now and I'm very happy with it. It does an impressive job of picking up the weaker signals - including the RTN feeds on AMC-9.

Invacom: Yes. QPH: No.

Back in 2005, I read this favorable review of the Invacom SNH-031.
Having no need nor interest in the circular capability of the QPH-031, I got the little brother.

The SNH is lighter, and less expensive.
It is also built different mechanically, so it fits where I put it.

I've been quite happy with the SNH-. - :cool:

Invacom QPH-031 is considered the Cadillac of LNB’s in the FTA hobby! There are the great Pros of this LNB as noted here and they work for most people and they swear by them!

I love mine, been up for almost three years now and I too have a couple more spares.

My opinion may be biased based on the fact that I use them and that is what is on my main system but there are things I don’t like about it as well.

B~man Cons: :down
A bit heavy
Be nice if it had Universal capabilities with the Standard & Circular
Long top to bottom, nice if the connections were out the back well to me at least

AcWxRadar:I robbed the side "struts" off my 1M Winegard DS-3100 dish and retrofitted them to the 76 cm Winegard DS-2076. That kept the weight of the QPH-031 from sagging the LNBF support bracket.

I did the same with mine, took them off my 3ABN dish and retrofitted the "struts" on my 80 CM Fortec Star. See Picture

This LNB would be great for most people with respectable receiving latitudes but not all of us have that perfect receiving spot.

If you are in a lower elevation I would pass on it for it would be overkill for you and the cheaper one Invacom SNH-031 just might be better in the long run.

Sometimes I have read that the really cheep ones out perform this big boy depending on you location!!

It is all what you want to pay for, where you are at and what kind of dish you want to put it on, by far for me, it has been the best one I have used so far.

The best Just Linear I have used has been the Fortec Star FSKU-K Single Universal Ku Band LNBF! The one I have has a Noise Figure of 0.3 dB. It is one of the older ones!

The worst I have used is the Digiwave DGL1189S!

FTABman0: There is a eye catching Invacom kind of claim copy that is cheaper and I might add also it is not really a copy but a cheap LNB that does Circular & Linear Combo & a Dual LNBF and one could sway to it to save money and why not, it does the same thing the Invacom QPH-031 does right?

Absolutely not! Read on!

They have a DGL1189D which is the same thing (how it goes on the dish tubes). I bought one of these thinking it was just like the Invacom QPH-031 and would be a great cheap replacement one if I needed it to replace the QPH-031 or better signal improvement over the stock one on my E* dish for subscription, either way I could get it to work on one or the other.

I have tried it on my E* subscribed dish to see if it does better than the OEM LNB and the answer is NO!

Stay with your DISH LNB!

So I tried FTA use, defiantly not!!

Don’t waste your money on it! The Digiwave claims Circular & Linear Combo Dual LNBF but this thing is a paper weight! You can pick them up just about everywhere mostly for about twenty bucks but save your money, JUNK FOR FTA USE!

They are more so designed for Subscription use hence putting it on a Subscribe Dish of choice, I might add a poor one at that, it suffered by comparison to the standard one that came on the dish! They have the standard DBS dish mounts on the tube for the D type and Square Type. Knowing that it takes a bit of rigging to get them on a FTA throat mounted dish and if you do so, it will not work properly! Steer away from this, it sounds tempting, a cost effective idea opposed to the Invacom QPH-031 but not designed for the FTA Market!

Here are the specs (From The Web) of the DIGIWAVE:

DIGIWAVE DGL-1189S & DGL-1189D

Circular & Linear Combo Dual LNBF

Use only one LNB to receive signals from 119 and 118.8 Satellites

KU Band Universal Linear & Circular Dual output LNB with Dual polarization.

Works for all circular satellites, i.e. EchoStar 3 (Dish Network 61.5), Echostar 6/8 (Dish network 110), Echostar 7 (Dish network 119 &118.8), EchoStar 1/2 (Dish Network 148), All DirecTV, All Bell ExpressVu and other Circular Polarity satellites.

Specially designed for catching 119 (Echo 7) & 118.8 (Anik F3) at the same time using one such LNB.

It also catches linear satellites; plus one output gets both circular and linear signal. It also works for Dish 500 and Super Dish.

It works with most Echostar 300, 500, Super Dish and others.

Dual Output LNBF

Input Frequency Range from 10.70 GHz ~ 12.75 GHz

Output Frequency Range from 950 MHz ~ 2150 MHz

L.O.: 9.75GHz and 10.60 GHz

Low Phase Noise for Analog or Digital reception

Excellent D.R.O. stability

Noise Figure: 0.5dB (typ.)

Was not happy with the testing of this LNB and IS NOT a good replacement decision or does not even compare to the Invacom QPH-031!

K E V I N
ftabman0_avitar-cordoba.gif

Attachments

• Fortec Star 80CM With A-shine Arms.JPG
    Fortec Star 80CM With A-shine Arms.JPG
    49.9 KB · Views: 170
I've used an Invacom QPH-031 on a 33" digiwave dish for about 2 years with an SG-2100 motor. Works fine at 49N. It is a bit heavy but I don't think I have seen any significant signal degradation because of it's weight. It performs well down to -40F which is a plus for where I live!
-C.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)