Invacom Universal LNB w/ C120 Flange

Status
Please reply by conversation.

PopcornNMore

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 20, 2005
Gibsonia, PA
I am installing a Channel Master 1.2m offset dish to be used for KU FTA. It came with an Andrews KU feedhorn assembly with a C120 flange for better matching. I am thinking of ordering an Invacom single 0.3dB universal LNB with C120 flange to go with the Andrews feedhorn assembly. Is this a good choice? Does anyone currently use this LNB with the C120 flange?

Also, the instructions show that you can orient the LNB for either vertical or horizontal polarization. What orientation would I install this LNB for use on a motorized dish?

Thank You,
Dave

I've had great success with the Invacom with the C120 flange on my Primestar 84cm oval dish. I'm currently using it on IA 5 and getting upper 80's to lower 90's on most transponders. I plan soon to motorize my set up and would highly reccomend the Invacom SNF-031. I think Pete is currently selling them for $58.00 shipped. Mike

PopcornNMore said:
Also, the instructions show that you can orient the LNB for either vertical or horizontal polarization. What orientation would I install this LNB for use on a motorized dish?

Thank You,
Dave
Since the C-120 Invacom is a dual-polarity voltage-switching LNB, there's no need to mount it sideways to receive the other polarity. You would want to install it straight up (with the F-connectors down). This is the LNB I plan to upgrade my Channel Master 1 meter with someday :)

By the way, Popcorn, I like the new avatar :D

Thank you Tron for the mounting tip. I can't wait to see the improvement over my existing 76cm dish with 0.05dB generic LNB. Tomorrow I am going to paint the dish and install a new mount to be ready when the new LNB arrives.

I like my new avatar too. :) I couldn't stand looking at Jim Nabors anymore.

Dave

yes it fits. i use the invacom 301 on my 1.8 meter channel master. Works awesome! ;0

PopcornNMore said:
I am installing a Channel Master 1.2m offset dish to be used for KU FTA. It came with an Andrews KU feedhorn assembly with a C120 flange for better matching. I am thinking of ordering an Invacom single 0.3dB universal LNB with C120 flange to go with the Andrews feedhorn assembly. Is this a good choice? Does anyone currently use this LNB with the C120 flange?

Thank You,
Dave

With a motor and the dish pointed due south , set skew to zero , top dead center .

Wyr

Last edited:
PopcornNMore said:

Thank You,
Dave

Where did you buy the Channel Master from?

Likvid, I bought several Channel Master 1.2m dishes in excellent condition for only $10 each from Astro Too in Melbourne, FL. I then bought the feed support arms and mount from Future Vision Satellite also located in FL.

One of these days I'm going to get over to Melbourne (it's a long drive from New Orleans, I'd have to be going to the Florida east coast for some other business) and drop into Astro Too.

Bountykiller, I've been eyeing a 6' (1.8m) Channel Master. I know a place locally that has several which look like they're not in use. These would make excellent C-band starter dishes as well!

PopcornNMore said:
Likvid, I bought several Channel Master 1.2m dishes in excellent condition for only $10 each from Astro Too in Melbourne, FL. I then bought the feed support arms and mount from Future Vision Satellite also located in FL.

Nice pick :up

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts