invalid dishpro switch detected?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

parrothd

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 20, 2004
I've bee having issues with my HD locals, when I tested my switch from my 622 it says I have an "invalid dishpro switch detected, code 15,A1" under Satellite inout 2 Anyone know that that means?

This is for a new install of a 622 with a dish 500

Mine says the same thing since install almost a year ago. I have a Dish 1000 and 622. The Dish 1000 has 2 cables coming off of it. One of them goes to my old 721 and the other goes to the 622.

My 622 has constant audio stutters, drop outs, and Dolby in/outs (on both optical and RCA), along with video glitches, stutters, and green pixel spit (on both HDMI and component), especially on my HD locals out of Sacramento. It's been a rough year of HD with the 622.

Is something wrong with my setup? I've already replaced the 622 Rev A with a new 622 Rev E. It didn't help at all. The installer said having one cable go to each system and then splitting them is fine. Do I need to have both cables going to each system, or is it something else, or am I just suffering poor quality signals like everyone else?

Thanks,

Ron "First Post" Protagonist

Funny, I'm having the exact same issues but with the Chicago locals. I called tech support and they blamed the HDMI cable, so I swaped to component and get the same thing. I asked what the dishpro error ment but they just said it was the cable.

I'm going to remove the splitters and run a second cable, maybe that'll fix it. If not I've allready scheduled to have my service canceled on the 30th... :(

Sounds to me like bad connectors or bad cable. If you still want to give them a chance, call and tell them about your problems. Request that they send someone out and ask them to check the connectors. If not, just go ahead and cancel within the 30 days so you don't get stuck with a contract.

Is the system grounded? I'm assumming you only have the 622 receiver, so there should only be one cable going to from the dish to the receiver. i would check the connectors and see if they are lose.

They should not be splitters. They should be separators. Big difference.

And I have two cables to my ViP622.

They should not be splitters. They should be separators. Big difference.

And I have two cables to my ViP622.

Funny thing is this only happens at night, and other stations on 129 seem to be fine, seems to be a qaulity issue with dish and 129 and local stations. I'll run the second cable tonight and see what happens on weds..

The dish CSR tried to say I signed up for an 18 month commitment(Which I didn't), I gave her an earfull and asked to speak to her supervisor, she put me on hold for a few seconds, then came back an said everything was taken care of and what date would I like the service terminated and my final bill was $34.

Probably a bad cable/connection from what I'm detecting... It happens at night, generally it gets colder at night, with that coax expands in the cold.

Since you already have pretty much set up your termination date, then why bother to troubleshoot?

On a side note, CSR's pretty much do not know Echostar equipment. I recently rolled onto a job where a tech was there previously and replaced a DPP Twin that was hooked to a legacy IRD and a 625.

The CSR had found this out and rolled another truck (me) because the last tech out "Did not replace the switch".

I think that says enough.

Since you already have pretty much set up your termination date, then why bother to troubleshoot?

Because my comcast DVR is really a peice of junk, I can barely use it, works about %40 of the time, the rest it's either locked up, stuck, or working in slow motion.

So my choices are;

1. My comcast DVR which annoys the hell out of me.
2. Dish DVR with crappy HD picture that annoys the hell out of my girfriend, which gets taken out on me... :)

Can I just run the second cable and remove the spliters?

Just replace the cable and all connections coming from the dish you have now. What I would do is temp it in, just get yourself some quality RG6 cable and temp the line from the dish to your Integrated Reciever Decoder - 622.

Just a straight homerun line from the dish to the reciever. If no errors pop then it's definately a cabling problem.

Just replace the cable and all connections coming from the dish you have now. What I would do is temp it in, just get yourself some quality RG6 cable and temp the line from the dish to your Integrated Reciever Decoder - 622.

Just a straight homerun line from the dish to the reciever. If no errors pop then it's definately a cabling problem.

Does the dish need to be grounded?

622s have a software issue on HD stuff where the audio acts stupid like that. Should be fixed sometime in the future. Mine does it too now and then. And believe me when I say that I have the best of everything when it comes to everything from cable to dishes to HDMI cable and all in between. Ride it out. It'll fix itself eventually.

I've bee having issues with my HD locals, when I tested my switch from my 622 it says I have an "invalid dishpro switch detected, code 15,A1" under Satellite inout 2 Anyone know that that means?

This is for a new install of a 622 with a dish 500

You may be interested in my (possibly) related experience:

My original dilemma is at:
http://www.dbstalk.com/showpost.php?...7&postcount=20

The Dish Network technician came to the house yesterday. At first he thought that the DPPLUS LNBF was the culprit and changed it out to a newer version, saying that there had been problems with the older versions. However, there were still no signals seen by the ViP622 receiver. Eventually he went up in the attic and when he came down; all the signals were back in the green. He said that he had replaced the connector barrels in the attic; that the original barrels were the ‘wrong ones’, being ‘low frequency’; the new ones he installed were ‘high frequency’. I asked why these barrels were failing now (after 8 months of service); he said they had been marginal and had finally failed. I am wondering if the excessive solar radiation during the solar outage period put a heavier than normal strain on my whole system, all the way down to these particular barrels? It is still interesting to me that the solid failure occurred on March 8th, the listed ‘worst day’ for solar outage in Texas.

He then opined that probably the old DPPLUS LNBF was not the culprit, but he left the new DPPLUS in service because it should give better long term service. He showed me that the new version has a thicker housing.

The tech appeared to be competent, although I think I drew a blank when I brought up the idea of the solar outage.

At any rate, my reception is back in service with all my channels. I did a test of the Check Switch this morning, and still have an error message: "invalid DishPro switch detected code 15, A1" under Satellite input 2. My reception is ok, but wondering if I still have some other barrel problems….

I have the same issue with the switch thing on my 622. It doesn't really seem to affect anything though. I have a 1000+ setup with a 44 switch. It doesn't seem to like the 119/118.7 LNB for some reason. But like I said, everything works ok. Maybe just a software thing where it isn't correctly identifying the DiSEqC communication.

I think there must be a new bug in a recent release of the 622 software. I have been getting invalid switch for about two weeks. Everytime I do a test, everything comes out fine...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts