ION 119W

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Gray1

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 11, 2005
St. Louis, Missouri
Is it still there? According to the "List" it is. I cant find it. I can find Angel 1 and Nasa. But no go on ION. transponders are listed at 12413 H 2000. At another spot it lists them as 12414 H 2000 but I have no SQ on these transponders. LNB is set at 11250. Using a Fortec Mercury II.

Any advice is appreciated.

thanks

what kinda of LNB is it? If its bandstacked the horizontal frequencies are off

Do you get any signal on that transponder?

yeaugh I meant 20000. Thats whats in the Merc II. I just didnt put enought 0's in my post.
But I still have no signal on that transonder. Thats wierd

I'm using the regular Dish500 LNB. I could put up an RCA dish with a single LNB. But it's cold out there. I have no SQ from that transponder.

I swapped out the Merc II with my old Buzz receiver. ION comes in fine with it. Soooooo the problem is in the Merc II somewhere. Maybe its on its last leg.

I was testing my setup on Saturday and scanned in both NASA and ION on my Sonicview. I tried getting it in by just scanning the TP it was supposed to be on, but couldn't get it in that way. I just ended up blindscanning for ITC channels and found it that way. I would get you the TP and SR that I got it on but the power supply on my SV bit the dust, and I'm waiting for some capacitors to come in so I can fix it. :(

If anyone is interested. I took down the Dish 500. Put up an RCA dish with just the single LNB.
ION now comes in with a powerscan. The Merc II scans it in at 12412 H 20000. I guess the Mercury II didnt like the Dishnetwork LNB.

yep... but what really frosts you is wondering what would have happened if you had done a transponder scan at 12412 H 20000 on the Dish 500

The dish 500 with the Twin LNB sometimes confuses FTA reicevers since there is an internal switch in them

I use to have the same issues until I went with a switchless LNB :)

any fix is a good fix!

If I recall from years ago, the DishPro 500 head, defaults at power-up to 110° on one output and 119° on the other output.
That's before it gets any switch commands.

The same is true for the non-Pro, non-bandstacked version (?).

So, I would have probably continued to flog the dog with the DishNetwork equipment, and not have the good sense to swap out the offending (dirty end of the stick) system! - :D

IF the dual LNB was a dishPro Plus, then it may draw too much current to be powered by an FTA receiver.
Those have three coax connectors.

DishPro 500. Coolsat 7100 finds ION without problems. Traxis 3500 can't find ION, only NASA and Angel One. Not a problem for me, I won't use Traxis for 119W. Just some info.

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)