Ionia Pictures of flooding......and information

radio

"On the Air" in MI
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Oct 13, 2007
West Central Michigan
We, as a town and a county are by no means "alone" in this flooding. However, the house of our engineer Scott and his wife (My Wednesday cohost Penny) is in an area of voluntary evacuation, and (3) current clients (advertisers) of WION have businesses with water in them on a closed street now, last pictured at about knee deep. Hopefully not beyond their abilities to clean and return to operation.

Penny, (my Wednesday co-host) is working the temporary Red Cross Shelter this afternoon at the Armory building for anyone displaced by possible flooding of their homes, or in some cases the access roads to their homes.

Even though other cities are affected, and there are many big and tragic news stories these last few days, and hopefully they are all in the thoughts of our satelliteguys members, please remember our Ionia people as well. There's a new facebook page where local people are posting pictures. Some are just scary! I don't know who authored the page, by the way.

Our station is on high ground, north of town, and aside from the usual precautions of keeping the well from getting swamped "electrically" and watching our use of the septic system, we're doing fine with few or no worries.

We are not asking for anything, just please keep Ionia's people in your thoughts and prayers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)