iOS 9.3

I installed it on both my iPhone 6+ and IpadPro with no issues. Even installed it on my iPad Mini though it was problematic as I ran out of storage space on it. Got to go back and do some more 'refining' of installed apps. Not a high priority as I seldom use the Mini.

Sent from my iPad Pro using Tapatalk

No problems on iPhone 6 or latest iPad Mini. Had an authorization issue with iPad Air briefly last night but I think it was just Apple's servers getting slammed.

Supposed to be something different about how colors are displayed in the dark but I don't notice anything.

The biggest reason to grab this update for me is that it finally makes WiFi calling available to Verizon customers. I get 1-2 bars at my house and often get voicemail notifications without my phone even ringing. If I am able to make a call it often drops. I don't have a landline and sometimes work from home so reliable coverage is very important to me.

The Verizon Network Extender has been solving this problem for me for the last few years but now that WiFi calling is finally here I can unplug it. I'll set it up at my parents house where they get the same crappy signal I do. They have the iPhone 5 so WiFi calling isn't available for them.

Reactions: dsmith0429
For those with vehicles that support Siri "Eyes-Free", iOS 9.3 fixes the bug where the iPhone held the BlueTooth connection or switched the input over to BlueTooth. In the Ford SYNC MyFordTouch/MyLincolnTouch, if you were listening to AM, FM, or SiriusXM and activated Siri Eyes-Free, after Siri was finished, you'd find yourself listening to your phone's audio feed (local music, Pandora, ?Music, or whatever) and not the radio. With iOS 9.3, Siri returns to the last input (at least on Ford's SYNC units).

Of course, like with every other new iOS release, there's the week or so of excessive battery use while our phones re-learn our habits and usage patterns. I just plugged in for the night and I was down to 62% instead of my usual 75-85%.

Reactions: navychop
I had the Public Beta on my iPhone 4S & iPad 2 for several months, and installed the final version the day it was 1st available (March 21). Had no issues during the beta, or with the final version so far
IMG_0071.PNG IMG_5373.PNG

The biggest reason to grab this update for me is that it finally makes WiFi calling available to Verizon customers. I get 1-2 bars at my house and often get voicemail notifications without my phone even ringing. If I am able to make a call it often drops. I don't have a landline and sometimes work from home so reliable coverage is very important to me.

The Verizon Network Extender has been solving this problem for me for the last few years but now that WiFi calling is finally here I can unplug it. I'll set it up at my parents house where they get the same crappy signal I do. They have the iPhone 5 so WiFi calling isn't available for them.
For me, I like being able to make and answer calls on my iPad 2 as well, it has Verizon, my iPhone 4S is AT&T and usually has a weak signal indoors, but when my iPhone starts ringing, so does the iPad, so I can answer the call without it dropping, very cool, and works great, and everything is synced together with my Mac Mini as well, which also lets me answer the calls...
IMG_5454.PNG IMG_0088.PNG

Last edited:
For those with vehicles that support Siri "Eyes-Free", iOS 9.3 fixes the bug where the iPhone held the BlueTooth connection or switched the input over to BlueTooth. In the Ford SYNC MyFordTouch/MyLincolnTouch, if you were listening to AM, FM, or SiriusXM and activated Siri Eyes-Free, after Siri was finished, you'd find yourself listening to your phone's audio feed (local music, Pandora, ?Music, or whatever) and not the radio. With iOS 9.3, Siri returns to the last input (at least on Ford's SYNC units).

Of course, like with every other new iOS release, there's the week or so of excessive battery use while our phones re-learn our habits and usage patterns. I just plugged in for the night and I was down to 62% instead of my usual 75-85%.

I was seeing the same problem with the Chevy MyLink system. If I used Siri or finished a phone call it would start playing whatever audio I had been listening to on my phone last. This is fine if I was listening to Bluetooth audio before the call but really annoying if I was listening to XM radio.

It can also lead to some awkward moments. I had the car switch from XM to the Audible app on my phone while I had co-workers in the car with me. I was in the middle of Wolves of the Calla from Stephen King's Dark Tower series and the part that came on happened to be pretty vulgar.

Reactions: Foxbat

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)