ios 9 released

iOS 9.2 came out this week, and of course I upgraded fairly quickly. However, with the Good (I can now use Bluetooth PAN with my T-Mobile iPhone 6 to provide a WiFi hotspot inside my Escape so my wife's iPad can connect to the Internet while underway) is the Bad (my Escape no longer has the ability to send a received text to SYNC/MyFordTouch). Users on the Escape board have reported other strange behavior such as the MFT not returning to the last media input after using Siri Eyes-Free. I didn't notice it at first since I'm usually listening to BT anyway.

T-Mobile also sent out an Update for the Radios in the iPhone 6 which seems to made my daily drive be totally under T-Mobile Data service. Siri Eyes-Free wasn't much good until this came out, so I'll take the two issues. After all, with Siri now available, I can ask her to read my last message instead of Synthia (okay, Samantha is the name Ford and Microsoft gave the voice AI).

Other than those items, I've had no issues with iOS 9.2 so far.

IOS9 also created problem with my link to Buick Intellilink. While listening to sat radio, I get phone call, the intellilink now stays on iphone media after I end the call. I have to manually switch back to sat radio. Annoying. Onstar is aware of the problem and blames IOS9

I have a new problem on my iPhone 6 where the battery drain has suddenly become a problem. I used to be able to pull the phone off its charger in the morning, go to work listening to my iPhone via BT Audio, read some SatGuys at lunch, and make it home with way over half (usually 65-70%) of the battery. Now, I can't make it through the afternoon without hitting the 20% warning, when I activate the battery saver. Unfortunately, this doesn't seem to help much.

So I dropped by the Apple Store and the Genius ran diagnostics on my iPhone. Everything came through with flying colors, no hardware issues found, and no wayward apps, either. So he reset the Firmware and after driving home, I'm almost done restoring the backup and all my Apps. Even with the secure backup, I still had to enter iCloud password, re-register my fingerprints, re-add my ?Pay cards, etc. Hopefully, this fixes it or I may have a replacement iPhone 6 and need to do this all over again.

I don't think it's an iOS 9 issue, but I have a fresh new copy of it to see if it makes any difference.

If I had to guess it is software. And not iOS. What is the battery usage showing for last 24 hours/last 7 days? But good luck.

Of course, I just had my own strange event. My iPad mini showed 6GB free, but in looking at apps, it just didn't make sense. My iPhone 6S has half of its 64GB free, and has far more photos and far more apps. I plugged it into itunes, and it was reporting something like other taking up as much as 35GB. I wiped the iPad, and restored from iCloud. All my apps re-installed, about .5GB less in photos (since they are optimized) and no music (about 900MB), but I had 44GB free. Something was screwy, but its fixed. I kind of wonder if the problem came about after the iOS 8 to iOS9 upgrade. Who knows.

I guess I should update my iPhone Status. After Apple reimaged my iPhone and restoring my phone from backup, my battery use is back to its normal level of capacity.

I guess I should update my iPhone Status. After Apple reimaged my iPhone and restoring my phone from backup, my battery use is back to its normal level of capacity.

Good news. Not surprised, I guess. As I had to redo my iPad, when it had somehow lost 25Gb of space, there are sometimes strange things in iOS 9.

Reactions: Foxbat

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)