iOS7 Discussion Thread

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Yep. You can already do this with the Dishanywhere app. I have AT 120+ currently on my HWS setup. My parents have AT 250 and a hopper with a sling adapter. I occasionally use Dish Anywhere from my parents account to watch shows I don't get in my package. When I do this I use the iPad app and airplay to my Apple TV. It works fine.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I don't know when it got fixed, but using my new iPhone 5s with the DishAnywhere App and AirPlaying to the Apple TV I was able to skip forward and back without losing the stream. However, the delay between pressing skip and the playback showing the jump was around 10-15 seconds. It makes skipping through commercial breaks an adventure.

The problem I have now is all my family uses the same icloud account so that way we can use The Find my iPhone app. When there is an update (and this started in iOS 7) everyone can see everyone elses imessages and facetime calls.

Each time you need to go in to each device and turn off everything (except find my iPhone) in iCloud, then go to message and uncheck all the other phone numbers so that way only that person gets their own imessages. The same thing needs to be done with Facetime as well.

Its a pain and I don't like it or the fact its so easy for others in my family to snoop on my messages just by checking a box.

The problem I have now is all my family uses the same icloud account so that way we can use The Find my iPhone app. When there is an update (and this started in iOS 7) everyone can see everyone elses imessages and facetime calls.

Each time you need to go in to each device and turn off everything (except find my iPhone) in iCloud, then go to message and uncheck all the other phone numbers so that way only that person gets their own imessages. The same thing needs to be done with Facetime as well.

Its a pain and I don't like it or the fact its so easy for others in my family to snoop on my messages just by checking a box.

I think the problem is that an iCloud account is really only meant for one person. I've never used the tracking features because I don't want people knowing where I am at all times but I can see why it would be useful for a family to keep an eye on their kids. Apple makes an app called Find my Friends. I don't know how well it works because I have never used it but I think this is the solution to what you are trying to do. It should allow you to add your family so you can see where they are without sharing an iCloud account.

As as bonus you can get extra features because it is actually designed for what you are trying to do while Find my iPhone is meant to find a missing or stolen device. You can set it to give you notifications when your kids leave the house or school and that type of thing.

Find my friends does not give us the same options, we can not send the phone a sound (useful when one of the kids misplaces their phone. You can't remotely lock their phone incase it really is missing and if the phone really is lost you can wipe the phone.

If one of the kids trys turning off Find my iPhone or their location we are emailed and told that they disabled it.

Find My iPhone gives us all those options.

Find my friends does not give us the same options, we can not send the phone a sound (useful when one of the kids misplaces their phone. You can't remotely lock their phone incase it really is missing and if the phone really is lost you can wipe the phone.

If one of the kids trys turning off Find my iPhone or their location we are emailed and told that they disabled it.

Find My iPhone gives us all those options.

Well in fairness they would still have an iCloud account with Find my Phone access. You would just have to log in to their account instead of yours to lock, wipe, or play a sound. The email alert for them turning off Find my Phone might be a problem though. I'm not sure if you can specify which email to send the alert to of it it has to go to the email address associated with the iCloud account.

What you are doing with Find my iPhone is kind of a work around for tracking your family but it's not really what it is designed for. It was built for lost or stolen devices and I still think iCloud was designed with one user per account in mind. The Find my Friends app is their solution for keeping track of family members. That being said, Apple should be smart enough to not override your settings during software updates.

Find my friends could use an upgrade, particularly to force a new location search. I hate when it shows me where my kid was 50 minutes ago and not now. 50 minutes is a long time with a 16 year old! :)

Find My Phone's web tool to force a audible beep from the iPhone, even when on silent, is wonderful. I've had to use it a few times when I could not figure out where the heck I left mine. :D

New iOS 7 themed apps keep coming out... Tweetbot 3 was just released; it is a NEW app, and not a free upgrade, which initially I found a bit annoying, BUT I'd say it was definitely worth the $2.99. If you use Twitter, this is by far the best iOS UI for it. Very powerful, easy to use, and lots of nice upgrades. Still waiting for them to re-do their iPad app.

Yup we use the Find My iPhone play a sound feature all the time as the kids are forgetting where they left the phone.

Also handy when my teenage son is SLEEPING and supposed to b awake on his way to school. Texting him and calling him does not wake him up but the noise played by Find my Iphone does. :)

Another good app gets an iOS 7 makeover - this time it is Fantastical 2. Great calendar app. And like tweetbot, it too is not a free update. But for $3, it was worth it.

Finally bit the bullet and have gone non-jailbroken on my phone for the first time in years as I upgraded to iOS 7. I decided not to wait until the JB. My iPad will remain JB on iOS6 though.

Finally bit the bullet and have gone non-jailbroken on my phone for the first time in years as I upgraded to iOS 7. I decided not to wait until the JB. My iPad will remain JB on iOS6 though.

I'm sadly close to doing this. I've been having sound output issues the past two weeks and haven't been able to isolate the problem. It's driving me nuts. But I honestly don't want to lose some of the jailbreak functionality.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

One thing is certain. My battery on my phone is draining about 3 to 4 times faster (really significant) with 7 than it did while JB on 6.

One thing is certain. My battery on my phone is draining about 3 to 4 times faster (really significant) with 7 than it did while JB on 6.

Did you do a hard reset of power-home for about 15 seconds? To try to let the battery recalibrate? My iPad on iOS7 drains faster than it did on iOS6, but my iPhone 5S works great, never any battery complaints.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)