IP SPY?

kraftwerk76

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 16, 2007
--Hi, guys. I got a strange charge on my Dish Network bill called IP Spy. It's under the "One time charge" section of the bill. Can anyone tell me what it is? I Googled and Binged "Dish Network IP Spy" and nothing shows. I did a search on the Dish Network site, and got nothing. Nothing here on Satellite Guys, either. The charge was for $6.99, and showed up on the bill I get in email from Dish Network, and also on their site, so it's probably legit. Seems odd, though, if it IS a legit charge, why not have it on the actual Dish Network site? Seems like if it's their way of checking on my receiver to see if it is where it's supposed to be, they wouldn't charge me for that kind of service, lol. Thanks.

--Hi, guys. I got a strange charge on my Dish Network bill called IP Spy. It's under the "One time charge" section of the bill. Can anyone tell me what it is? I Googled and Binged "Dish Network IP Spy" and nothing shows. I did a search on the Dish Network site, and got nothing. Nothing here on Satellite Guys, either. The charge was for $6.99, and showed up on the bill I get in email from Dish Network, and also on their site, so it's probably legit. Seems odd, though, if it IS a legit charge, why not have it on the actual Dish Network site? Seems like if it's their way of checking on my receiver to see if it is where it's supposed to be, they wouldn't charge me for that kind of service, lol. Thanks.
How about a pic?

Hi, LailaS@DISH. Okay, yes, we did watch a movie called "Spy" with Melissa Mccarthy. However, when I saw that charge on my bill and it read "IP Spy", it made me think of "Internet Protocol", lol. Does the "IP" part of that just mean that it was streamed? Because I "think" that was an "on demand" type movie. So, in a nutshell, it IS a legitimate charge, and we indeed did watch the movie, so in this case, no reason to send my ph. number and PIN. Thanks for your help!

Reactions: charlesrshell
Yes, Laila, we all pretty much know that. Just a strange billing line item identifier as opposed to PPV, which would have probably prevented the TS inquiry.
But you see there are two different kinds of PPV movies on your equipment. One is streamed, the other is previously downloaded and resident on the equipment itself. The cost for each is the same but I think it is probably important to Dish to separate it out for analysis...

Impulse Purchase makes more sense. Though maybe IPVOD would have been less confusing than IP

Something to keep in the mind for the future is since this movie was delivered via internet, both Amazon and Vudu rentals are less expensive. For example, Spy is $5.99 at both places.

But you see there are two different kinds of PPV movies on your equipment. One is streamed, the other is previously downloaded and resident on the equipment itself. The cost for each is the same but I think it is probably important to Dish to separate it out for analysis...
They can do that internally. No need to put something cryptic like that on a customer's bill. Now, if there's a section of the bill that explains what various abbreviations mean, that could be a different story.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts