Ipad or Droid Tablet?

Witch one you think is better?

• Apple Ipad

Votes: 18 52.9%
  • Droid Tablet

Votes: 16 47.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
You know Mike- the ipad is really slick at just managing all that behind the scenes. It's like they figured out a way to make that part of using an ipad unnecessary. That's for whatever is in the apps and data the app accesses. However, being old school I feel lost sometimes not being able to move a pdf file or a jpg file around and in and out of the ipad to my laptop. What can be done is delete an image, or video when done or using the USB adapter allow the ipad to scan another device like my htc TP2 or an iphone for "compatible images" and import them to a particular app that is compatible. Any file that is not compatible with an ipad app is just ignored. And, where it resides on the ipad seems to be none of my business according to Apple.

I did look into the app store and all those are file managers that give you a one stop screen to view whats on the ipad in a data category, not OS files, but pdf's jpg's mov's etc. Then you can select and launch. I even saw one that allows file to reside on the desktop screen as an app does. Nothing like windows file manager, however. Nothing to view and manipulate the directory ( folder) nest.

Of course, now that I think about it, if I did have access to file management I'd probably screw up a perfectly working system. :) It really does work fine as is.

I don't know what is possible with jailbreak. Maybe those people are doing something with Flash. ???

rocky - what do you mean regarding file management? I'm confused.

Don said the ipad lacked file management capabilities. On my droid and othe rphones I can easily browse the file structure. Can't do that on my ipod touch; with a large capacity ipad, I would think that would be important. Or can you do that through itunes?

(I am not criticizing the ipad, I was just responding to Don's post; which raised an issue I was not aware of). The more I play with the ipad in stores, the more I see its appeal (just wish the interface was more than just icons)).

You know Mike- the ipad is really slick at just managing all that behind the scenes. It's like they figured out a way to make that part of using an ipad unnecessary. That's for whatever is in the apps and data the app accesses. However, being old school I feel lost sometimes not being able to move a pdf file or a jpg file around and in and out of the ipad to my laptop. What can be done is delete an image, or video when done or using the USB adapter allow the ipad to scan another device like my htc TP2 or an iphone for "compatible images" and import them to a particular app that is compatible. Any file that is not compatible with an ipad app is just ignored. And, where it resides on the ipad seems to be none of my business according to Apple.

I did look into the app store and all those are file managers that give you a one stop screen to view whats on the ipad in a data category, not OS files, but pdf's jpg's mov's etc. Then you can select and launch. I even saw one that allows file to reside on the desktop screen as an app does. Nothing like windows file manager, however. Nothing to view and manipulate the directory ( folder) nest.

Of course, now that I think about it, if I did have access to file management I'd probably screw up a perfectly working system. :) It really does work fine as is.

I don't know what is possible with jailbreak. Maybe those people are doing something with Flash. ???

I would be the same way - wanting to know where my files are. As I said in my last post, I can definitely see the value of the ipad.

I should know this, but can you run dropbox on the ipad? And thus grab your files from the cloud? I use it all the time on my Droid, and love the ability to have access to EVERY file I ever use.

I should know this, but can you run dropbox on the ipad? And thus grab your files from the cloud? I use it all the time on my Droid, and love the ability to have access to EVERY file I ever use.

Yes you can run DropBox on the iPhone and iPad.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)