iPhone 4 Loses Reception When You Hold It By The Antenna Band?

This smells like a planted story. The reception on my 4 is better than the 3g, no matter how it is held.

evil_google.jpg

The google fanboyism in this forum is laughable.

This smells like a planted story. The reception on my 4 is better than the 3g, no matter how it is held.

evil_google.jpg

The google fanboyism in this forum is laughable.

I've seen too many reports of this to not have at least some truth of it.

I find it just the opposite, the apple juice drinkers here is laughable. I guess I'll never understand it though why people buy devices where the company who made it tells you what you can do and can't do on your phone. Then tells you it's illegal to change this!

I've seen too many reports of this to not have at least some truth of it.

I find it just the opposite, the apple juice drinkers here is laughable. I guess I'll never understand it though why people buy devices where the company who made it tells you what you can do and can't do on your phone. Then tells you it's illegal to change this!

I'm just giving my experience.

Because they work, without f$#king with them.

GULP, GULP, GULP I'll take some more, please. ;)

This smells like a planted story.
It did to me too until Apple said "You hold it wrong!"

That is the problem with the Apple ecosystem:
- Macs "just work" (when compared to PCs) but Flash always crashes them (when fighting with Adobe).
- iPhone 3G reception problem is ATT's fault and Google conspiracy. And the iPhone 4 has even less problems (less than 0?)

"Think different!" it is...

Diogen.

I'm just giving my experience.

Because they work, without f$#king with them.

GULP, GULP, GULP I'll take some more, please. ;)
If that was the case, then Google would have sold NO phones. And excuse me, didn't it take FOUR iPhones for them to finally learn how to properly make phone calls?

I have played with my iPhone 4 and cannot get the bars to move when holding it. I am being careful not to move the orientation/position of the phone while grasping it in all sorts of ways to try to get the bars to move.

Maybe it depends on other factors. Perhaps only people with sweaty palms? Maybe calm cool Apple fans do not see the problem since they are not conducting between the various antennas? Maybe you need an electrolyte imbalance or be dehydrated?

Maybe there is simply a manufacturing defect in some of the phones?

I have played with my iPhone 4 and cannot get the bars to move when holding it. I am being careful not to move the orientation/position of the phone while grasping it in all sorts of ways to try to get the bars to move.

Maybe it depends on other factors. Perhaps only people with sweaty palms? Maybe calm cool Apple fans do not see the problem since they are not conducting between the various antennas? Maybe you need an electrolyte imbalance or be dehydrated?

Maybe there is simply a manufacturing defect in some of the phones?

The latter is probably the correct answer.

The latter is probably the correct answer.

I suspect that it is a manufacturing anomally on some of the phones. I do not see how they could have gotten out of testing with as big a defect as people claim/demonstrate.

I was joking, but it would be funny if it was body chemistry and you had to have a special diet to use the iPhone.

I've tried unsuccessfully to duplicate the reported problems on my phone. Overall I'm very pleased with it. Just waiting for someone else I know to get one so that I can try out Facetime at this point.

I've tried unsuccessfully to duplicate the reported problems on my phone. Overall I'm very pleased with it. Just waiting for someone else I know to get one so that I can try out Facetime at this point.

Call 1-888-FACETIME. Apple will facetime with you and show you how to use it. The line launched this morning.

Apple just wants their users to hold the phone they way they drink their tea, with their pinky up in the air.

It's all part of their arrogant culture. :D

Just activated 3 Iphones. I can replicate the bars going down on 2 of the phones IF I wrap both hands around the phone and put my fingers over each one of the antenna bands for about 30 seconds.

I only end up losing 1 bar at worst doing this. This is the classic geeks making themselves miserable by running every type of arcane tests and scenario they can think of.

Absolute non-issue unless you have hands the size of a catcher's mitt and with an external case it will never be an issue.

I'm more worried about dropping it and shattering the glass on the front or back which might be an actual problem

I suspect that it is a manufacturing anomally on some of the phones.
In the list of changes made to the cell component in the iPhone, the algorithm is often mentioned.
I think most likely that to be the root of the problem.

Shorting the antenna will change reception, for better or worse.
If it changes for worse, the phone starts looking for a better (i.e. cleaner) channel.
I think this algorithm fails under certain conditions, i.e. software update should be able to fix it.

Human skin conductivity is known to vary wildly.
No wonder different people have different results.

Diogen.

David Pogue on the New York Times blog is calling it the iphone Death Grip. :)

(He also makes the point that it appears to be more of a problem for people who grip it left handed, and who have sweaty hands).

:D :D

David Pogue on the New York Times blog is calling it the iphone Death Grip. :)

(He also makes the point that it appears to be more of a problem for people who grip it left handed, and who have sweaty hands).

:D :D

Maybe you have to be eating fried chicken and have greasy fingers?

I am fairly certain all phones have the issue. That being said, it is only going to be an issue when you are on the fringe of the network. For most people this is not going to be a problem most of the time. But AT&T's network is not all that great, so when you are on the fringe, you may experience a call drop or loss of service sooner based on how you hold the phone.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts