iphone 7 rumor?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

TheForce

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Pub Member / Supporter
Oct 13, 2003
Jacksonville, FL, Earth
Saw this news release this morning:

In a report published Wednesday, JP Morgan analyst Narci Chang commented on Japan Display –- a possible supplier to Apple Inc.(NASDAQ: AAPL)'s iPhone 7 device.

According to Chang, Japan Display's new fab, backed by Apple's prepayment, will increase its total capacity by 20 percent. The new fab is enough to produce approximately 95 million units of five-inch smartphones annually and the new Apple fab is expected to ramp up in fiscal 2016.

The analyst continued that this should serve as evidence that Apple will increase allocation to Japan Display and adopt LCD LTPS for an iPhone 7 device, contrary to market speculation about adopting OLED panels.

Latest Ratings for AAPL DateFirmActionFromTo

Mar 2015Credit SuisseMaintainsOutperformOutperform Mar 2015Cantor FitzgeraldMaintainsBuy Mar 2015Cowen & CompanyMaintainsOutperform

View More Analyst Ratings for AAPL
View the Latest Analyst Ratings

© 2015 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.

Yep.
Rumor is another 5.5" and 4.7" adding to it a 4.0".

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Your sources? Why "6S" Why not 6M or 6T? a 7 would denote a major redesign of the form and processing power. wouldn't it?

Anyway, do you feel Apple will ever adopt microSD card memory for data storage? That would be nice for a "7"

Apple has no plans for Add on memory, as that is where they make their money. If you want a 32 you pay for it, if you want a 64 you pay more and if you want 128 you pay even more.

For $15 more memory you pay Apple $100 more for each memory upgrade.

This is the same reason Samsung stopped offering MicroSD slots on his new Galaxy phone. (and they did away with user removable battery as well)

I would expect the 7 to be a different beast with Apples new force touch, getting rid of the lightning cable in favor of USB C and more.

Apple has no plans for Add on memory,

You mean there are no rumors for such. I doubt Apple has divulged it's future plans to anyone outside the company's most trusted employee developers. Rumors are all I was looking for.
Apple maintains a 39% margin (published) on all it's phones ( the highest in the industry) and it is rumored to maintain the same 39% for the new watch. Samsung is much less. I could see Apple maintaining that margin of profit with a phone that permitted user add on micro SD storage for increase in price on a base model. With the xtendapower and similar batteries, that just plug in, there is no longer a need to carry a spare battery, like I used to.

FYI- they don't offer the 32 anymore in the 6 that I can find. 16, 64, and 128

I've seen the rumors on the USB C connector.

You mean there are no rumors for such. I doubt Apple has divulged it's future plans to anyone outside the company's most trusted employee developers. Rumors are all I was looking for.
Apple maintains a 39% margin (published) on all it's phones ( the highest in the industry) and it is rumored to maintain the same 39% for the new watch. Samsung is much less. I could see Apple maintaining that margin of profit with a phone that permitted user add on micro SD storage for increase in price on a base model. With the xtendapower and similar batteries, that just plug in, there is no longer a need to carry a spare battery, like I used to.

FYI- they don't offer the 32 anymore in the 6 that I can find. 16, 64, and 128

I've seen the rumors on the USB C connector.

http://iphone.appleinsider.com/arti...iphone-models-in-2015-including-new-4-handset

Reactions: TheForce
Thanks, tiger! That's the detail info I was looking for. Won't change my current decision for what I will upgrade to but may be other options for my wife's upgrade. She wants the Apple watch too and while not limited with her 5, we feel the added security with the finger print scanner is important. And she really liked the 6 screen quality over her 5.

Apple dump the lightening connector in favor of USB C? Crazy idea. Heck, that'd be like Dish putting a Netflix app on the Hopper!

Oh, wait - - - - -

Reactions: TheForce
Thanks, tiger! That's the detail info I was looking for. Won't change my current decision for what I will upgrade to but may be other options for my wife's upgrade. She wants the Apple watch too and while not limited with her 5, we feel the added security with the finger print scanner is important. And she really liked the 6 screen quality over her 5.
Don't place too much faith in that fingerprint scanner. It doesn't work when your finger is cool, so that means it doesn't work first thing in the morning. Or when it's moist. Or, just because.

Better than any I've tried, but not quite good enough, in my book.

Don't place too much faith in that fingerprint scanner. It doesn't work when your finger is cool, so that means it doesn't work first thing in the morning. Or when it's moist. Or, just because.

Better than any I've tried, but not quite good enough, in my book.

On my 6 it works more often than not. I do memorize several fingers as in my case dry skin or surface scratches can cause it not to work correctly. Haven't had cool be a problem but damp doesn't usually work.

I guess I should pursue more fingers, including SWMBO's.

Yes, it usually works for me. But I'd rather it work 98% of the time.

It works far better with a brief test than the one on my laptop. But I had to build like a dozen scans on the 6 before it was satisfied. Then it worked 100%. for quite a few tries. I was impressed, but I'll take your word for it since you have the experience.

I heard C Ergan the other day in an interview and he is worried that satellite TV and bundles will die soon so he is gearing up for the next move which will be IP TV and wants Dish to be evolving as the industry evolves, even if it means satellite TV is a minor part of the business in the future. He wants to tap the $25 a month customer who has internet but no budget for a $100 a month bundle of TV. Like college students in the college dorms.

I'm very happy with the 6+.
I'll more than likely pass on this upgrade.
It will be interesting to see what Apple has in store for this years iPhone.
Maybe 4k camera?

I have not had issues with the fingerprint reader, perhaps my thumbs stay properly warm and not to wet...

The main technical reason I have seen for not including an external memory card reader is that the NAND that Apple uses internally is far faster, and they are able to do things like high frame rate recordings without issues. So, practically it would have to be an archive type device and thus probably a clunky interface that Apple wants to avoid. Yes Apple makes money on selling storage, but by being able to use the NAND they pick they do not have to worry about compatibility issues, simplicity of operation is far more important to Apple.

The next iPhone could be so advanced that Apple might skip calling it the iPhone 6S and go straight to calling it the iPhone 7 http://finance.yahoo.com/news/most-accurate-apple-analyst-world-161013002.html
(Business Insider)The iPhone 6 Plus.KGI Securities analyst Ming-Chi Kuo has a few predictions regarding Apple's plan for its next iPhone, as he wrote in a note to investors spotted by MacRumors.
Here's what Kuo thinks Apple has in store:

The next iPhone will come with Apple's Force Touch technology that debuted in the new MacBook and Apple Watch.
Apple might call the phone the iPhone 7, not the iPhone 6s, because of all the significant changes in the phone.
It will come in 4.7-inch and 5.5-inch variants as with the iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus.
Apple will not release a 4-inch model this year, contrary to previous reports.

The Force Touch technology in the so-called iPhone 7 will be different from what is in Apple's other recent products, according to Kuo. He doesn't think it will detect pressure like the sensor in the new MacBook's trackpad, but rather it will sense "contact area on which the finger touches the screen to decide how big the pressure is."It sounds as if Apple may be trying to make it easier to interact with icons and user interface elements of different sizes on the screen.Kuo thinks this will be such a big change that Apple will call it the iPhone 7 instead of the 6s. His predictions come just after the Taiwanese website Economic Daily News reported Apple's next iPhone would come with Force Touch technology.Kuo is regarded as being one of the most accurate analysts commenting on Apple. He has nailed details about Apple's previous product launches, such as the iPhone 5, and even when his predictions are off in terms of timing, he still has a decent idea of what kind of technology is of interest to Apple.We still have a while before we really learn about what Apple has planned for its future iPhones. The company typically unveils its new iPhones in September, so we're likely to hear more in the fall.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)