Iphone coming to Sprint.

4G worked good on my EVO at CES a few times it shut off and went back to 3g, but I was using Qik and letting my son watch me walk from booth to booth on 4G.

I 'm sure you used it 1000 times more than me being a reporter and all.

I had a full signal and couldn't get anywhere on it.

I was with some guys from ENGADGET who were seeing the same thing on theirs as well.

The only one that was working reliably was Verizon.

I hope Sprint does get the iPhone, as does T-Mobile. The more carriers, the more competition, the more options, the better it will be for many. Eliminating exclusive contracts allows for better pricing competition and gives more people choices of providers.

Watta waste of bandwith .. we dont want the isuck , oops I mean iphone lol

Hopefully the first sentence of the last paragraph nailed it and it will be a new Android device. Maybe a replacement to the Evo as the flagship Android phone? Sprint is too good for the likes of Apple, I pray those two aren’t in cahoots with each other. The Jesus Phone can stay on AT&T and Verizon.

In San Antonio I have customers that have left Clear and went to verizon air cards because they were getting spotty service in the last month or so, but it worked great until recently. In Austin my customers still love clear and works great. I think Clear is growing so fast its having pains. I hope they work them out, because when it works its great and I hope all 4g services will be like this or better.

I had a full signal and couldn't get anywhere on it.

I was with some guys from ENGADGET who were seeing the same thing on theirs as well.

The only one that was working reliably was Verizon.

Yes, I had no trouble all CES week with my Verizon internet connections. I didn't have enough bandwidth to play HD Video from my sling adapter but SD video worked fine even from the show floor. My new 5 spot device worked better than the hotel wifi. My wife and I had our ipads running simultaneously on it.

I still hope Sprint gets the iphone as does T-Mobile. I agree with GK, it will spur competition on the networks and make me more money with Apple.

What I am seeing is that better iphone sales and iphone app sales affects Apple stock directly, while better android devices has had little to no affect on my Google stock. Because of this I took my profits and sold off half my Google stock when it last hit $620 a share and did not buy back in when it turned at $590. I instead bought more Apple and Verizon stock.

The major worry with Sprint is it will be bought out. I think it is a good bargain for its spectrum assets but it doesn't have the tower assets to please and attract new business ( subscribers). People tell me around here Sprint is great, until you travel and then it fails.

Yep. There's a few of us waiting to see who buys Sprint. I think they'll be bought before T-Mobile gets absorbed.

No official rumors but the financials would indicate either Verizon or AT&T with outright cash but Century with a PO. The problem with Sprint is it has had negative growth for well over a year with no game plan to improve. They have only been able to keep their subscriber base by giving away the store resulting in negative balance sheet which points to a low quality subscriber. Verizon, has increased it's subscriber base with quality service at higher cost which the higher quality subscriber is willing and able to pay. AT&T had the iphone exclusivity which is now gone and it has the monkey on its back of poor service. Considering all that, AT&T would benefit most with owning Sprint as a subsidiary. This would position it to be the biggest carrier in the country. AT&T has the cash now and under it's management could slowly move the Sprint subscribers to GSM technology and slowly convert Sprint's tower real estate and spectrum to GSM. I think AT&T has the most to gain with an acquisition as opposed to any other buyer. As for Sprint's stockholders, the road has been no growth and no income. All you can do is trade it which is not a game a company likes to be in because it makes them extremely vulnerable.

I certainly hope AT&T doesn't buy Sprint. I don't think Sprint is covering much that AT&T doesn't already. Anyway, isn't "Sprint" an old indian word for "albatross around the neck?"

In the world of cellphone company mergers or buyouts, how often does one company buy a 2nd company when they run different network "designs", i.e. CDMA vs GSM ? They always want to "integrate" as much as possible and that's a major kink, is it not ?

From what I understand, Sprint is suppose to announce another "first in the industry" product....it will NOT be the Iphone

ATT still retains the Iphone exclusive. From what I understand, VZW paid heavy to get in on the exclusive. No other carriers will be bringing the Iphone anytime soon. Also, ATT has a 6 month right to any new Iphone technology before VZW.

Spring will NOT be bought out by VZW or ATT. There is simply no reason to buy them out. Sprint is weighed down by debt and a bad customer base. Also, the FCC and DOJ would require them to divest huge portions of the company. When VZW bought out Alltel just awhile back, VZW had to divest a huge portion of the company.

One of the 3 things will happen to Sprint:
Deutche Telekom/Tmobile will buy them out
An investment group or foreign company will buy them out
The entire senior management/leadership will be replaced

Last edited:
In the world of cellphone company mergers or buyouts, how often does one company buy a 2nd company when they run different network "designs", i.e. CDMA vs GSM ? They always want to "integrate" as much as possible and that's a major kink, is it not ?

CDMA and GSM are obsolete. Everyone is merging towards LTE. LTE will dramatically change the wireless industry over the next decade.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)