Iphone coming to Sprint.

You think the religion will end when Jobs reign ends? I am not convinced of that.

If a religion, it won't. If a cult it will. Look at history when Steve truly left the company ( '84 to '97 ). Did the cult end? No! Therefore I agree with you that the Apple cult is more likely to be a religion than one where the Apple heads worship the products, not Steve. Investors, like me... Now that is a different game altogether. I respect what Steve brings to the company in his leadership and product philosophy and want to ride the success story all the way to my bank. As for the products- I like one, the ipad but I think the Mac Book Pro sucks and the iphone... just not my bag of mobile communications tolls. With a few changes it could be but I need to see more changes first. Verizon is the first good change and I am happy for that. If Steve left Apple, I'd have to see a similar visionary who was an egomaniac like Steve replace him to feel like the Apple way would continue.

And I don't think there is anybody capable of replacing him in this capacity (from Apple execs).

Yes, not from Apple execs, but there is one that I would like to see replace Steve. Alan Mulally! He is an engineer with a vision for making electronics technology user friendly. A former Honeywell exec engineer who is now putting Ford on the map as the worlds top innovative auto manufacturer. Apple should steal him when Steve's time is permanently up. Of course there are rumors floating around now that he could get drafted to run for President. LOL!

Those of you slamming Jobs: How do you feel, now that he's "stepped down" by taking a leave of absence? Serious medical issues. Think he's coming back? How long do you think before we know?

And why is it that some feel the need to vilify others that use the iPhone, by using words like "worship," "magic," "cult" and "religion?" Certainly there are some, but NOT ALL, that are overly enamored of the Apple brand. Same can be said for almost any brand. And yes, Apple did use "evangelists" in the early days to establish themselves. It was a smart marketing tool, for a day when most buyers were geeks to at least some degree. Today, they're selling to a much wider audience, most of whom don't care about, and maybe never heard of, Steve Jobs. Accept it: It serves the needs of many, with a major brand most trust. If you say "Android is the better choice" and make other comments disparaging others' non-Android choices, who is the cultist?

People have different needs and make different choices. And should be respected.

Those of you slamming Jobs: How do you feel, now that he's "stepped down" by taking a leave of absence? Serious medical issues. Think he's coming back? How long do you think before we know?

And why is it that some feel the need to vilify others that use the iPhone, by using words like "worship," "magic," "cult" and "religion?" Certainly there are some, but NOT ALL, that are overly enamored of the Apple brand. Same can be said for almost any brand. And yes, Apple did use "evangelists" in the early days to establish themselves. It was a smart marketing tool, for a day when most buyers were geeks to at least some degree. Today, they're selling to a much wider audience, most of whom don't care about, and maybe never heard of, Steve Jobs. Accept it: It serves the needs of many, with a major brand most trust. If you say "Android is the better choice" and make other comments disparaging others' non-Android choices, who is the cultist?

People have different needs and make different choices. And should be respected.

:eek:k:

Very well said.

From an Apple geek that bought his first Mac (a 128k thin Mac) in 1985, has used them ever since because they do what I want, have great capabilities right out of the box &, in my opinion, a longer usable life that negates their higher sticker price, but uses an android OS phone because it fits my needs, thanks for saying that, navychop.

Good post.
I am not an apple fan (boy), or any other brand for that matter. I have an Ipod touch, and what it does, it does well.
I like android, because I have gotten into (recently) the more tweakable parts of owning a smartphone.
If I wasnt, the Apple OS is just as good. It works great for what most users want it to do, on par with android in most cases stock, and maybe even better in some ways, again stock.
I wont bash them for that.

Android is much better if you want to customize and play with the normally non user parts of the OS.

Both are valid options though for the vast majority of smart phone users, and Apple right now has a brand image that is hard to beat. That is the main reason they have such a following among the masses. Android is gaining and surpassing that however with each new android OS release.

As far as other apple products go, I know quite a few people that have gone from PC to Mac products and say they are much more user friendly and long lasting. I havent bought one personally, cant see spending that much on a laptop or desktop when tech changes so fast, but I have used them and have no problem at all with the hardware or software. That said, I am more than happy with my windows 7 based laptop and desktop at work.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)