iPhone Info

It's longer but not wider. I used one at my previous employer as my work phone and it just felt weird to use.

That's the difference between aspect ratios. The 5 went to a widescreen aspect (16:9) from the oddball 3:2.

It's longer for several reasons, first is to keep the pixel pitch horizontally. Second was to keep the screen width constant which makes writing apps easier when the screen is always X or 2X wide depending on standard or retina.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 2 using Tapatalk 2.x

King3:

We're doing more on our phones and the larger screen is much nicer than a smaller screen. It is a better experience for many users.

The old adage is don't knock out until you try it. I thought the Note was too big until I used it. Now others seem like toys.

That's the difference between aspect ratios. The 5 went to a widescreen aspect (16:9) from the oddball 3:2.

It's longer for several reasons, first is to keep the pixel pitch horizontally. Second was to keep the screen width constant which makes writing apps easier when the screen is always X or 2X wide depending on standard or retina.

3:2 is just SD vs the more modern HD.

I had a galaxy s 3. Great phone big screen but way to bulky even for me. The iPhone 5 my wife said is too big for her but it's only a half inch bigger than her 4s. She loves her 4s. She probably won't switch until the phone stops working in its own. I've owned tons of android phones and they all either have frozen on me or had some type of bug to them.

Personally, I think the size of my 4S's screen is perfect, and even the 5 is too big. 4S feels more versatile in terms of fitting in your pocket, and one-handed usage can't be beat. Even the 5, even though it's not wider, the longer screen makes pressing the back button on the top left a lot harder with your right hand than on the 4S. I take my iPad everywhere I go with me so if I want a "big screen" experience on-the-go then I tether my iPad to my iPhone. Best of both worlds.

That being said, I'll probably be getting the 5S when it comes out.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Forum Runner

The 5s will be the same screen size I do believe . I don't know how they will make the phone 5 inches someday if they ever do. The galaxy phones are nice but way too big imo. I've just never watched a movie on my iphone and probably never will. I'd rather watch that at home instead. If the iPhone 6 doesn't wow me then I'll keep the 5 until I'm happy with a new iPhone. The 5 I can at least hold up to my ear where as phones like the note 2, that phone is way too big for calling people.

Do people like Tim Cook actually believe the things they say?

Tim Cook has said that devices of that size are built with too many "tradeoffs", which is the same reasoning behind why the iPad mini is 7.9" rather than 7".

It's a 7.9" diagonal because it's a 3:2 ratio screen. If the screen were in the 16:9 or 16:10 format most tablets are in it would be about 7" diagonal.

I have to scratch my head at all of this. June 2014, if true, means yet another year of them bleeding market share to anyone desiring a screen larger than 4".

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)