Iphone on T-Mobile

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I don't think anyone knows for sure that can say publically when AT&T exclusivity ends. Most believe it is Dec 31, 2009. But officially, it is an NDA in the contract.
The latest scuttle I've heard is that a cut down version of the iphone will be released to other carriers. One thing missing will be the wifi capability will be shut down ( did anyone say jail break?) I got that from one of the cell podcasts so take it for what it's worth.

I have not done this because it takes a bit of time to research. If any want to really know what's going on, you can search the FCC files for information on any new submissions for cell phones on these other carriers. ALL cell phones must be separately licensed by the FCC and that filing will be predating the actual release by about 6-9 months. So, if there is to be a Verizon or Sprint iphone release, look to the FCC for a clue. This is how the first leaks of T-Mobile iphone were made public.

some of these laws are getting ridiculous. one day if you urinate in your own yard that will be some big punishable by death violation....crazy insane world we live in.
Iphones are overpriced and over rated. apple and at&t limit and severely handicap the iphone anyway. they control what apps you can put on it and how slow it runs on at&t's handicap 3G (slower than dialup around here) network.

the only way my iphone was ever fast was on wifi.

Everything I have heard about AT&T exclusivity was sometime in 2010. I have seen everything from May to October 2010 but I have never seen the end of 2009.

Last edited:
Perhaps the people using the various unauthorized programs to unlock iphones are stupid or mentally challenged. I can't say. But that does not alter the fact that some unlocking is done by hacks and not by the use of codes given by AT&T. Go ahead and do a web search on iphone unlocking and you will find links to articles on using third party programs to accomplish the unlock. You will even find download sites if you so inclined. Entering a code from the original carrier is one method but it is NOT the only method.

Here is a link to the first article that came up on a search How to Unlock your iPhone 3G - PC World It is a year old and already outdated in that the current version of the software is called blacksn0w now. But it is a software based method of unlocking an iphone without entering the code you describe. Yes your method works. Maybe it even works better but it is NOT the only way to do it.

Once again you don't need to run a hack if to unlock any GSM phone. Anyone who runs a hack probably stole the phone and can't call them for it, or are just too stupid.

It's not my method, its a method that works 100%.

Once again you don't need to run a hack if to unlock any GSM phone. Anyone who runs a hack probably stole the phone and can't call them for it, or are just too stupid.

It's not my method, its a method that works 100%.

And once again I never said that you Have to I just sated that you were incorrect when you said that no unlocks are hacks. You can indeed get an unlock code from the original carrier. But you can also use other methods and that is fairly common.

the fact that you don't like the other methods does not mean they don't exist, but at this point we are talking in circles as you just won't accept the existence oof a method you dn't care fr. S I suggest we agree too disagree.

The wife upgraded her iPhone and I wanted to use her old one that we paid full price for nearly three years ago without the data plan since the phone has wifi. Well, AT&T will not allow an iPhone on their network without a data plan. I asked them to unlock it so I could use it with another carrier and they said they will not unlock iPhones.

So I went to t-Mobile and bought a prepaid sim card and found some iPhone apps on the internet that unlocked the iPhone. Now instead of being forced to give AT&T at least $50 dollars more a month for a second iPhone, I pay t-Mobile 10 cents a minute and AT&T 20$ less a month for her iPhone.

By the way, Congress passed a law making it legal to unlock your own cel phone.

Congress did not pass a law but we dealt with that in the thread. But you are right that it is legal at least for now and probably for the long run.

I am a bit surprised that AT&T would not give you an unlock code if you were off contract but I believe you. Out of curiosity did you use blacksn0w ( included in some versions of blackra1n or another program?

Last edited:
I agree it has turned into a pissing contest but not over the legality. Everyone seems to agree that it is legal. The pissing contest seems to be about how many ways there are to do it.

I am sorry for my part in it. I simply wnted to correct what I saw as a misstatement. after the initial post I should have kept quiet even if I felt the other poster was mistaken.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)