iPhone Questions

And we all already knew that. He's looking for something that will kill all of them at once.

Except it is NO different than running ATK on an Android, you still have to click on the processes you want to kill. Requires pretty much the same effort. Its not one click, unless you want to kill what ATK pre-selects.

But given how well iOS manages memory, its really not even necessary. It uses the same inactive, free, wired, active model that OSX does.

on jailbroke phones its called SBSettings. You can go into processes and kill all open apps by "free up memory" button.

Attachments

• image-1310259113.png
    image-1310259113.png
    142 KB · Views: 131
  • image-704882974.png
    image-704882974.png
    123.1 KB · Views: 139
on jailbroke phones its called SBSettings. You can go into processes and kill all open apps by "free up memory" button.
Yep. I use this APP more than any other and SBSettings is the main reason I still JB my phone.

BTW, does Frash still work? I haven't had success with it since iOS 3.x.x

frash is not working anymore to my knowledge. i purchased a toshiba thrive android 3.1 Honeycomb tablet. flash i awesome on it. no lag. iphone needs flash player. its a shame steve jobs wouldnt work something out with adobe.

frash is not working anymore to my knowledge. i purchased a toshiba thrive android 3.1 Honeycomb tablet. flash i awesome on it. no lag. iphone needs flash player. its a shame steve jobs wouldnt work something out with adobe.

Steve Jobs liked to hold a grudge. Adobe got on his sh$% list when they refused to initially build software for OSX. He had a long memory! And with his reality distortion field, which said, if we don't include Flash, people will shift to HTML5, he was mostly right. Sure a handful of folks remain upset, but most people go merrily on, and the web has shifted to HTML5 -- which of course, Adobe now fully supports in Dreamweaver CS5.5.

Steve Jobs liked to hold a grudge. Adobe got on his sh$% list when they refused to initially build software for OSX. He had a long memory! And with his reality distortion field, which said, if we don't include Flash, people will shift to HTML5, he was mostly right. Sure a handful of folks remain upset, but most people go merrily on, and the web has shifted to HTML5 -- which of course, Adobe now fully supports in Dreamweaver CS5.5.

Exclusive: Adobe ceases development on mobile browser Flash, refocuses efforts on HTML5 (UPDATED) | ZDNet

It didn't become a reality - it was the reality from the start. Flash for mobile devices has always been slow and buggy; Adobe is just finally figuring out that Jobs was right all along.

I was talking about how he would overcome the demand for flash. and he was right.

but in the mean time me and millions of other I device users got to enjoy a crippled web browsing experience on a so called top shelf device.
Yeah, Apple kept the lack of Flash support secret so there was no way you could have known until after you bought the device... If Flash was important to you, you shouldn't have purchased a device that was clearly not going to support it.

Mobile flash did not come out for Android until last year, the iphone had been out for years; and there was a lot of media attention that iOS would not include it in the iphone 4.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts