IPTV?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

northgeorgia

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 14, 2011
North GA
This could get interesting for areas that have high speed internet (if all the ISPs don't start throttling speeds and metering usage). However, I remain highly skeptical that something like this could be pulled off. Even so, in the past few weeks, my Netflix has crashed in the middle of a show a couple of times. Forgivable for a film, since you can reload and pick up where you left off. Not so good for live TV.

http://www.clarkhoward.com/news/cla...ives-cable-tv-and-satellite-are-coming/ncxwW/

I think it can be pulled off if you use IPTV satellite streams to get around ISP throttling or the bottlenecked internet backbone we have today. Vubiquity is delivering about 80 channels on about 6 transponders so you can do a best of cable services for not much transponder rental expense if you are amazon or verizon and need to get around terrestrial internet negatives.

There was a game in the NCAA FCS playoffs I wanted to watch on ESPN3. I have 30mb service and usually don't have an issue streaming. But there were so many people streaming that game in my area that it was unwatchable for me :( I was lucky to find the feed FTA and watched my game :) IPTV has a ways to go before it could replace cable and satellite here IMHO

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)