IR Extender

whowanna

Original poster
Nov 21, 2009
USA
I'm looking for the simplest, cheapest IR extender for a VIP 211 receiver. I'm not even sure how they work. I just moved in to a new house so it'd be nice if it was very minimal and/or professional looking, but also cheap. Where can I get one?

I'm looking for the simplest, cheapest IR extender for a VIP 211 receiver. I'm not even sure how they work. I just moved in to a new house so it'd be nice if it was very minimal and/or professional looking, but also cheap. Where can I get one?

I am in the midst of a major reorganization of my A/V components, having just purchased a new 55" LCD that will be wall-mounted. We also want to get the wiring, cables and boxes out of sight. Try Smarthome - Home Automation, X10, Remote Control, Lighting, Wireless Security I purchased an IR extender system that allows me to get my IR-driven components in another room, yet still control them with their own remotes. This place also has IR to RF converters. Better yet, if you live in southern CA, you might visit their store in Irvine, CA. They have an exceptional staff of personnel who are very knowledgeable in the technology, not just sales clerks pushing the special of the day. Good luck:)

I am in the midst of a major reorganization of my A/V components, having just purchased a new 55" LCD that will be wall-mounted. We also want to get the wiring, cables and boxes out of sight. Try Smarthome - I purchased an IR extender system that allows me to get my IR-driven components in another room, yet still control them with their own remotes. This place also has IR to RF converters. Better yet, if you live in southern CA, you might visit their store in Irvine, CA. They have an exceptional staff of personnel who are very knowledgeable in the technology, not just sales clerks pushing the special of the day. Good luck:)

Thanks, but all it is are a bunch of stick-on repeaters, which the VIP211 doesn't have a jack for I'm pretty sure.

VIP211 Inputs

It doesn't have the 1/8" interface for IR extenders. My only option is a "Leapfrop LF-IRX" extender, which isn't the sexiest thing around.

I use the "TV SET OUT" UHF jack to connect a TV in another room.

Get the one from Dishstore.net. Just set the UHF to IR receiver on top of the 211 and it should work fine. Mine does.;) And whats nice about it? The remote is actually UHF so you don't have to point it to an additional IR to UHF box located in the room your watching tv.

Attachments

• 101_1526 (Medium).JPG
    101_1526 (Medium).JPG
    86.3 KB · Views: 569
  • 101_1525 (Medium).JPG
    101_1525 (Medium).JPG
    35 KB · Views: 703
Get the one from Dishstore.net. Just set the UHF to IR receiver on top of the 211 and it should work fine. Mine does.;) And whats nice about it? The remote is actually UHF so you don't have to point it to an additional IR to UHF box located in the room your watching tv.

What is it called? the $40 thing?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)