IR on VIP 622?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

bluezbear

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 6, 2006
Atlanta
I just purchased a Harmony 670 remote and find that the IR isn't working on VIP 622. It does use IR as well as UHF, right?

I took the IR only remote from my kitchen receiver and sure enough it doesn't work with the 622.

Is is broken?

Thanks for any help.

IR does work on the 622. Most likey the remote address is set differently. Check it on the system info screen.

In single mode, both the "Green Tab - Remote 1" and the "Blue Tab Remote 2" will control both TV1 and TV2; with Remote 1 using IR, with Remote 2 using UHF PRO.

However.... (And without modifiying Remote 2.)

In dual mode, the ViP 622 TV1 uses IR, but can be setup to use UHF PRO by buying an additional 6.3 IR/UHF PRO remote with a "Green Tab Remote 1" that has the "UHF PRO" symbol on it. So for, I haven't found a source to sell just the tabs, and the remote with the tabs are only available from Dish Technical Support and not the retailers.

The ViP 622 TV2 does not use IR, it is only UHF PRO (and not UHF).

Bottom line, the Harmony 670 (or any other) remote will not control ViP 622 TV2 in IR mode (while the 622 is in dual mode).

If I mis-read your original question, and/or you still need to know how to program the remote, Chapter 2, Page 10 tells you about the remote, while Chapter 10, Page 72 will discuss how to program it.

ViP-622 Users Guide: http://www.dishnetwork.com/content/products/userguides_manuals/receivers/ViP622_DVR/index.shtml

That would be good, just about make Single Mode obsolete. :D

Right now, you can use TV2 Remote to control TV1 and TV2:
- TV2 via Sat using UHF PRO, while
- TV1 via Aux using IR (when in the same room).

With new software, you could use TV1 Remote to control TV1 and TV2:
- TV1 via Sat using IR (when in the same room),
- TV2 via Aux using IR (when in the same room).

before we had a 625 and a 322 and recently we replaced the 322 with a 622 and i want dual mode with uhf on both remotes and i had an extra 8.0 remote so i used that with tuner 2 and i got the 6.3 remote that came with the 622 and took the blue tab out and stuck a screw driver in there to move the little bar that green uhf tab would move and when i found the right place i took the silver tab from the 8.0 remote and cut a slot in it to act just like the green uhf tab... now i have an 8.0 remote for tuner 2 and a 6.3 remote for tuner 1 and i didnt have to buy anything extra

the tabs are not needed you can just make your own if you have the correct remote

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts