IR remote problems

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

hobie16

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 29, 2008
USA (Full time RV'er
My receiver does not respond to IR signal from remote. I tried two other remotes, set them for TV1, programed them from the system info screen, but neither worked, I have unpluged the receiver, remove all batteries, let the system sit overnight; nothing seems to change. I am thinking it is a problem with the receiver, any ideas?

Yes the SAT button lights up. I thought that since have two UHF remotes, I might be able to program the receiver so that TV1 and TV2 were UHF. Can't figure out how to do it.

You can usually flip the tab that has the '2' on the remote to the other side which should have a '1'. Then press and hold SAT and change the code to something other than the code of the current TV2 remote. Then press RECORD while on the System Info screen and the code and description for remote #1 should change to the new settings for the new remote. Good luck.

Reactions: vcsatellite
Partial success. After many tries I was able to get TV1 & 2 to operate on UHF side of remote. I found that I could get the IR remote to work if I held it about 2 inches from the IRD window on the receiver; this was true for all three remotes in the IR mode. So at least I can now operate my receiver but I have to carry the TV2 remote between the two locations on the distribution network.
Since I am on an extended trip in my RV, I will have to wait until I get home and to have the receiver replaced.

Partial success. After many tries I was able to get TV1 & 2 to operate on UHF side of remote. I found that I could get the IR remote to work if I held it about 2 inches from the IRD window on the receiver; this was true for all three remotes in the IR mode. So at least I can now operate my receiver but I have to carry the TV2 remote between the two locations on the distribution network.
Since I am on an extended trip in my RV, I will have to wait until I get home and to have the receiver replaced.

Where is the receiver in relation to your TV? Is this a 722k receiver? The reason I ask is those receivers can have IR interference happen from HD televisions. The best way I always found t correct it was to use the UHF side as you were able to do. If you do need another UHF remote we can help get that out to you.

Reactions: vcsatellite
The TV is a 42" Vizio LED Smart TV. It is located on a wall mount above the 722K receiver. the receiver is on a table about 24 inches below the TV. I tried using the remote in an IR mode even when the TV was off. Won't even turn on.

I had the same thing happen with a replacement ViP722k that Dish sent me two years ago, even though the first ViP722k did not have any problem with the IR remote, sitting in the exact same place where I put the replacement. When I complained to Dish about this, they shipped me a UHF remote for free and I have not had any problems with the new TV1 remote since then.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)