Iran Broadcasts dropping from Satellite (Not 97W Yet)

Status
Please reply by conversation.
RT reporting that Iran is complaining about censorship by the EU community. (Good luck, LoL)
Me thinks it will soon disappear from 97 as I'm sure there's 'negotiations' between the carrier and whoever's in charge of implementing the US/UN 'blockade' policy actions.

These blockades do not include speech, here, as far as I know, whether movies, television, newspapers, or books. If I'm wrong I'll be happy to be corrected. Our free speech is world class, puts lesser governments to shame.

I don't watch Press TV, don't like their attitude, but have watched HispanTV which often appears to have a heart.

Slippery slope. I do not like this one bit.

Here I was thinking satellite communications and the Internet were the last bastions of free speech.

Slippery slope. I do not like this one bit.

Here I was thinking satellite communications and the Internet were the last bastions of free speech.

You're at least three years too late; Eutelsat has an established history of bending to political pressure:
http://www.theepochtimes.com/n2/world/ntdtv-legal-action-eutelsat-satellite-company-20180.html

And the remaining 'last bastion' is being coveted by the friends of Iran, China and Russia:
http://thehill.com/opinion/columnists/dick-morris/261303-stop-un-regulation-of-the-internet

I'm not at all interested to see what the concept of free speech morphs into once China is allowed to define it.

There are a lot of voices out there on tv and radio. Plenty enough of propaganda and dogma for anyone and everyone. No need to single out Iranian broadcasts.

papabruski said:
There are a lot of voices out there on tv and radio. Plenty enough of propaganda and dogma for anyone and everyone. No need to single out Iranian broadcasts.

True enough. Whoever is paying the bills, gets to have a decision in the process. As long as we know who is paying the bills, helps to know where the twist is coming from.

I'm not at all interested to see what the concept of free speech morphs into once China is allowed to define it.

They are already defining it by annoying the West enough so that the West has started doing its own Chinese-style censorship.

You do not fight fire with fire. We are better than them. We should act like it.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)