Status
Not open for further replies.

cablewithaview

Stand against retrans!!!
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Apr 18, 2005
DeKalb County, AL
Jan. 17 (Bloomberg) -- Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad allowed Time Warner Inc.'s CNN International to resume activities in the country a day after it was banned for misquoting the president on nuclear policy during a Jan. 14 news conference.

Ahmadinejad asked the Culture and Islamic Guidance Ministry, which issued the ban, to lift it, the state-run news agency IRNA reported, citing government spokesman Gholam Hossein Elham.

``Taking into account CNN's apology, we are asking that the channel be allowed to resume its activities, although we maintain the view that the news it broadcast was contrary to professional ethics of journalism which requires truthful dissemination of news in the interest of all,'' the president said in his letter.

Because of a translation error, CNN quoted Ahmadinejad as saying Iran had a right to build nuclear weapons, when he actually said it has the right to nuclear power and doesn't need atomic weapons, the network said yesterday in an e-mailed statement. CNN employs one freelance reporter in Tehran and CNN journalists from the U.S., including Iranian-born Christiane Amanpour, regularly visit Iran.

Cable News Network will be banned ``until further consideration,'' the Culture Ministry said yesterday in a statement.

CNN apologized on all its platforms that included the translation error, including CNN International, CNNUSA and CNN.com, and expressed its regrets to the Iranian government and the Iranian ambassador to the United Nations.

Germany, France and the U.K. on Jan. 12 called for the UN International Atomic Energy Agency to hold an emergency meeting to vote on Iran's referral to the UN Security Council following its decision to resume research on the nuclear fuel cycle. The U.S. endorsed the call.

Iran has faced UN action since September, when the IAEA found the Islamic Republic in ``non-compliance'' with its nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty obligations.

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=10000085&sid=a6ZtHm_lztA8

I'm sorry, it just appears to me that you're posting posts just for sake of running up your count.... To say a story about CNN has anything to do with Time Warner Cable just because they're owned by the same parent company is a stretch. Are you going to post stories about AOL too ?? Field & Stream magazine named a new publisher and F&S is owned by TW....

I'd ask the board admins that posts in this forum be restricted to things more directly related to TW Cable tv services.

hall said:
I'm sorry, it just appears to me that you're posting posts just for sake of running up your count.... To say a story about CNN has anything to do with Time Warner Cable just because they're owned by the same parent company is a stretch. Are you going to post stories about AOL too ?? Field & Stream magazine named a new publisher and F&S is owned by TW....

I'd ask the board admins that posts in this forum be restricted to things more directly related to TW Cable tv services.

apparently you don't read everything here. Me, korsjs, and others will post something of "interest" about a company sister company, etc if we feel it is something worth reading. AOL has been mentioned also in this part of the forum.
Yes, I post to run my count up. I don't think a 2 or 3 word post should be counted. A discussion of a topic is what it's about. How do you discuss a topic? You post it. I got you discussing this with me, correct?:up

easy guys, I enjoy reading everything that is put in here, not to be direspectful, also love the new avatar dragon002! I want to get a copy of bettis shirt that says last stop detroit!

stuart628 said:
easy guys, I enjoy reading everything that is put in here, not to be direspectful, also love the new avatar dragon002! I want to get a copy of bettis shirt that says last stop detroit!

i didnt see that one yet!!

big bens 15,000 first printing of "back in black" shirt went in 6 hours and the next day, the "THE TACKLE" went in 8 hours. they had orders from every corner of the steeler nation. IMHO what we are seeing is the bedrock of DYNASTY II.

and i am loving it, not to hijack this thread, but man I am going to miss bettis next year, but with staley and parker getting the carries, I think we are going to be tough for a while, as big ben, what a great quarterback he is! denver is going to be tough on sunday! cant wait to watch the game!

Status
Not open for further replies.