is 119 the beckon sat?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

greenguy

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 18, 2010
Home Ground. . .
i would like to know if you would still be able to watch tv if you have your dish pointed at lets say 110 only or does the sub unit needs to be also gettin signal from 119?

also. . .my sub is for western arc but the guys at DN is sayin if i get HD i can use 61.5 for it. is this true?

You will be able to see whatever is available on whatever satellite you are aimed at. If you are looking at just one satellite that's what you will see. If you are using a multiple LNB arrangement that's what you will see. If you are on Western Arc most of your HD is on 129. You won't gain a thing by looking at 61.5. 61.5 is a part of Eastern Arc and most of the HD channels on Eastern Arc are on 72.7....

You will be able to see whatever is available on whatever satellite you are aimed at. If you are looking at just one satellite that's what you will see. If you are using a multiple LNB arrangement that's what you will see. If you are on Western Arc most of your HD is on 129. You won't gain a thing by looking at 61.5. 61.5 is a part of Eastern Arc and most of the HD channels on Eastern Arc are on 72.7....

ok thanks. . .

the DN subs can be updated via any one of there sats?

when a person gets service from DN are you sayin i can point at either sat? eg, im on the 119w, can i point a dish at 61.5 and get the othr channels on there thats not on 119?

from a lil testin i got my answers, thanks guys

Last edited:
119 has most of SD Channels for Wester Arc, but 110 also has some.

72.7 has ALL of SD Channels for Eastern Arc.

129 has most of HD Channels for Western Arc, but 110 also has a couple.

61.5 has a good chunk on HD Channels for Easter Arc, but 72.7 has all the new ones.

You do NOT want Dish programming with just one satellite, you will only have a small portion of what's available.

Get it done right with either a D1000.4 for EA or a D1000.2 for WA depending on where you live.

The main reason to have a single 119 Dish is for RVers and such that just want a simple solution to set up for temporary service. It is coming down to 72.7 and 119 being the best bet for most SD channels in single locations. Of course for 72.7 you will need a VIP receiver.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts