Is 8 the Maximum Tuners on a DPP44

gbjbany

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 4, 2005
El Dorado Hills, CA Nr Sacramento
Is 8 the maximum Tuners on a single DPP44

With all this 622 upgrade discussion i wondered if someone can confirm that, with separators, a DPP44 can support 4 dual tuners 622s or 942s , or in other words 8 tuners ?

I already have a DPP44, I have a 942 using a separator, i have a 501 and 508 connected too.

I was thinking about using the $99 upgrade plan to upgrade my 501 for a 622 (love the PIP etc), and also going on ebay and getting somebody who's "throwing away" their 942 coz it wont support mpeg 4 as a dual tuner upgrade for my 508.:hungry: . I only have SD tv's connected to the 501 and 508 right now.

I think based on my research this will work, but can an "expert" confirm.

Last edited:
gbjbany said:
With all this 622 upgrade discussion i wondered if someone can confirm that, with separators, a DPP44 can support 4 dual tuners 622s or 942s , or in other words 8 tuners ?

I already have a DPP44, I have a 942 using a separator, i have a 501 and 508 connected too.

I was thinking about using the $99 upgrade plan to upgrade my 501 for a 622 (love the PIP etc), and also going on ebay and getting somebody who's "throwing away" their 942 coz it wont support mpeg 4 as a dual tuner upgrade for my 508.:hungry: . I only have SD tv's connected to the 501 and 508 right now.

I think based on my research this will work, but can an "expert" confirm.

A single DPP44 will support four receivers with up to four satellites---that is why they named it 44. Each of those receivers can be either a single or dual turner. For the single tuner receivers, the RG6 coax connects directly to the receiver. For the dual turner receivers, the RG6 coax is connected to a separator at the receiver location which in turn is connected to the two inputs on the dual tuner receiver. If someone needs more than four receivers, additional DPP44 switches can be added for a maximum of 12 supported receivers.

Just a note for later readers.

If a fifth, single-tuner, receiver is needed, and it only needs 110/119, a DP21 can be attached to the trunking outputs of a DP34 or DPP44.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts