Is 811 guide supposed to show local shows?

robertjp

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 22, 2004
Upstate NY
Is the 811 guide supposed to show local programming shows and descriptions on the guide. Right now all its says is "local programming" on the guide. It would be nice if I knew what was showing. Is this supposed to do this and if so, how do I do it?

Also 1 more small glitch. When I scan my local digitals it shows the letters of the stations (ex. wxxi) but after you use it for awhile it reverts to the frequency instead of the call letters (channel 16) on the program guide. I redid it several times but 1 channel in particular keeps doing it. Thanks BP

It does for Digital locals, not analog locals. But, I do not know if Dish has all DMAs up yet. Are you running the latest software? You might have to turn off your 811 and let it update.

As far as it switching back and forth... Either a really weak signal or the station is not sendingout PSIP data properly.

My digitals do not show in the programming guide ( a description of whats on). What should I do? I already tried turning it off to update.

Lots of local stations are not using the PSIP to name the current program on the station. In the Oklahoma City area, only 3 of the 7 stations are doing it so far. My 811 picks up the 3.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)