Is a DPP Twin also considered a DP34 with a DP Single or Dual connected

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Duane

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 14, 2006
Input needed:confused:
My freind has a DISH 1000 for satellite locations 110,119 & 129. He is wanting to add 61.5 for Skyangel.
Can he casscade two DP21's for the four satellite location?
I have searched this site but have not seen it discussed. If it has please point me to that post!
The rest of his setup includes an 811 and a 625 using a DP separater. With a diplexer back feed from his 625 to another TV. And diplexers from his OTA antenna to his 811.
Thanks in Advance:) :) :)

your best option will be getting DPP 44 switch to handle 4 satellites the proper way. DP 34 design for 3 satellites and will not work with DP separator so you going to have to run 2nd line to 622 and it is complected by trying cascading PD 34 with 21 switches

Right - while a DP21 MIGHT work with a DPP-Twin, it WILL disable the Aux input of the DPP-Twin, so you would not gain anything, and you WOULD lose the DPPlus features - like being able to use the Separator.

Sorry no he will need the DPP44 to do what he wants. Just make sure the dish that is pointing at 61.5 is a DP Dual or Twin. Only other option is to buy a clear receiver new or off ebay or whatever and run it too its on dish;once activated use some sort of A/B switch to go from one receiver to the other.

However all off the same receiver....DPP44.

That is what I thought, but wasn't completely sure. :rolleyes:
After think about it, since he has two local channels at 61.5 and wants to subscribe to Skyangel, he should be able to get his second dish and switch for free,correct?:p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)