Is a installer suppose to call me after I order Voom?

timbuckone

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 13, 2005
I ordered Voom a week ago and have a install date of 3-25. I read in a email from Voom that Voom will be calling within 48 hours for confirmation. Also that a installer will be calling for confirmation as soon as they receve your order. I have not heard a thing. Or will I be getting a call a day before the install?

They normally call the day before or the day of.Mine called the day off(the actual installer)but the company called day before.If you live in a hard to find area they call for directions normally.Get ready to spend the whole day home though.I would make sure they run new wires and not tap into your old cable lines cause you risk less chance of problems.I got A 3 stb and dish and antenna and it took the guy all day from like 11-6.But he also lost his expensive cripers in the snow to.That took an hour to find.i would plan out the whole day there with them and also watch what they do so thay dont shortcut your install

Call them. Call the installers, verify verify verify.

They did my initial install with no problem at all.

Two weeks ago the completely blew off an apointment for a service call...wasted a whole day. Rescheduled, they came out, said we needed the upgraded antenna. We all stood in the living room last Tuesday while they confirmed, via speakerphone with the office, that they'd be back out this past Thursday morning to do the install.
ANOTHER no show. VOOM has made a lot of bad decisions...and not permitting self installs in the biggest.

Lob

I never got a call from my installer(s) befoe the day of the install. On the install days I usually called them to see if they were indeed coming only to be told they needed to reschedule. Been waiting for over a week for one installer (third assigned to an antenna upgrade workorder I put in over three weeks ago) to call and set up an appointment time. Figured I just wait this time and see if he does actually call before hell freezes over.

I just called installs inc. and they gave me the name of the installer and their phone number. It is a company out of Madison, WI called Current Communications. Has anyone had experience with this company? I tried calling them and got a recorded message to leave my name and number. Are a lot of these installers just people working out of their house?

the tech should have called you the evening he got your order to give you his # and name

he should have called you when he got your eq, to set a firm install date and time frame. the 3.25 date is not set in stone!

he should call the evening before your agreed upon install date to remind you and confirm the install.

dragon

dragon002 said:
the tech should have called you the evening he got your order to give you his # and name

he should have called you when he got your eq, to set a firm install date and time frame. the 3.25 date is not set in stone!

he should call the evening before your agreed upon install date to remind you and confirm the install.

dragon
Hey dragon when we get new dishes after voom strives into the next phase would you come change my stuff over.Id prefer someone in forums.

I follow the voom install forum closely, and it kills me to see all these NO CALL NO SHOWS. I would personally fire any one of my techs for this reason. These companies are a direct reflection on VOOM and should act accordingly. Things happen but thats no excuse for a no call no show. Just an opinion from a voom retailer.

mudpup2003 said:
I follow the voom install forum closely, and it kills me to see all these NO CALL NO SHOWS. I would personally fire any one of my techs for this reason. These companies are a direct reflection on VOOM and should act accordingly. Things happen but thats no excuse for a no call no show. Just an opinion from a voom retailer.

it isnt just the voom installs, ive seen lazy unprofessional techs at directv too.

dragon

dragon002 said:
sure, where do you live?
I'm up in mansfield pa 48 miles north of williamsport on route 15.I will be calling for you when it comes to that time to get upgraded faster than anyone else.

Well my installer called me today and confirmed my install for friday morning. I will soon be Vooming. I just hope I won't be vooming for only 6 days. I am confident that Voom will survive. I will still keep my Dish Network service for a little while but will tone it down to the 60 channel package plus locals.

mudpup2003 said:

I totally agree with your statement. But i can asure that we are trying are best to find out who these guys are and they are being taking care of so as soon as we find out who these guys are the info is being sent to the right people to take care of them.

tyork

TYORK said:
I totally agree with your statement. But i can asure that we are trying are best to find out who these guys are and they are being taking care of so as soon as we find out who these guys are the info is being sent to the right people to take care of them.

tyork

Well here is three of them who need taking care of, Digital Entertainment Plus (DE+), J & G Satellite and In2TV. All located in north Alabama. DE+ no-call/no-show'ed two out of three appointments. I called J&G prior to their being assigned my OTA antenna upgrade work order, they were supposed to call to set up appointment time after the job was assigned (which it was within 24 hours), never heard a word from them. In2TV (who did my original install after DE+ no-call/no-show'ed) is not guilty of no-call/no-shows as far as my experience with them goes, but they did refuse the workorder for my second OTA upgrade because the first upgrade had been done by DE+ (the one time DE+ did show up).
I wish they would get rid of these bums and get us one VoOm installer like TYORK.

uboatcmdr said:
Well here is three of them who need taking care of, Digital Entertainment Plus (DE+), J & G Satellite and In2TV. All located in north Alabama. DE+ no-call/no-show'ed two out of three appointments. I called J&G prior to their being assigned my OTA antenna upgrade work order, they were supposed to call to set up appointment time after the job was assigned (which it was within 24 hours), never heard a word from them. In2TV (who did my original install after DE+ no-call/no-show'ed) is not guilty of no-call/no-shows as far as my experience with them goes, but they did refuse the workorder for my second OTA upgrade because the first upgrade had been done by DE+ (the one time DE+ did show up).
I wish they would get rid of these bums and get us one VoOm installer like TYORK.

Pm me you name and phone number and i will contact the right people and get you taking care of.

t

They should offer a choice of self-install, or contractor install. This has been done before. For people who are comfortable doing it, great, for people that want a contractor, great.

This is bad because it's been this way for a VERY long time...so they haven't managed to clean it up. It's more work to manage then it's worth. The model itself is broken. The contract should be between the consumer and the installer, instead of the current 3 or 4-way between us, VOOM, Installs, Inc., and then another local sub.
Let me hire a sat guy to come do the install, and if I don't like what he's done, I'm not going to pay him, period. He's hired by me to do a job, and when it's done, he gets paid.
This current model is worse than Medicare, and has just as many loopholes in it.

Lob

The behavior of these installers is unbelievable...it's also unbelievable that Voom and INstalls, Inc. don't do more to make sure it doesn't happen. My assigned installer (Robert Gauthier of Kinston NC) hasn't called me during this whole process....not to let me know that he had my work order, for directions to my house, that he wasn't going to show up, or after I left him a message at his home. All along Voom has been telling me that the technician is in the field and the install is on schedule.

I think that the reality is that these installers are people who don't have the energy or discipline to work real jobs so they do this instead.

ksload said:
The behavior of these installers is unbelievable...it's also unbelievable that Voom and INstalls, Inc. don't do more to make sure it doesn't happen. My assigned installer (Robert Gauthier of Kinston NC) hasn't called me during this whole process....not to let me know that he had my work order, for directions to my house, that he wasn't going to show up, or after I left him a message at his home. All along Voom has been telling me that the technician is in the field and the install is on schedule.

I think that the reality is that these installers are people who don't have the energy or discipline to work real jobs so they do this instead.

send me a pm with your name and phone number and i will pass it on to the right people to get you taking care of.

t

Just to let you guys know that i have sent these name on to the Regional Manager and asked him to check to see why they are having so many no call no shows. Will let you know when i here from him. Also it would help to have Name and Phone numbers that i could give him so he can look at your install problem so if you want to send them to me in a pm or email them to me at tyork37@msn.com i will send it to the right people and get you taking care of. Hey guys make sure you let me know where you are from and what going on with you install when you email me. Cause after this post i have got lots of response so i not sure about some of your problems so send some detail also.
t

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)